Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EI always de-badge all my rides (-my classic): example on my 2002 SVT Foci I took off everything but the Ford and SVT badge. On my daughters ST we again took off everything but the Ford and ST badges.

I have a feeling I am going to do the same with my RS as well and it got me wondering, who else or does anyone else de-badge their rides and do you plan on doing the same as me and removing the Focus badge and only leaving the Ford and RS Badging? Or does anyone plan on removing all badges? Leaving all badges?

Just wondering; I like the total anonymous/sleeper look.... Well as best I can get with the RS LOL! That and also removing the Foci badge for the tools who will ask "What kind of car is that?" I can just say it's a Ford RS ��

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Not wasting my time removing badges here, don't see the point. I can see removing stuff to try to hide a theft target but not worried about a Focus.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not wasting my time removing badges here, don't see the point. I can see removing stuff to try to hide a theft target but not worried about a Focus.
This car WILL be a theft target because of how rare it is. If you don't think so, then you don't deserve one.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I am going to debadge the Focus logo for sure. Will consider other options when I see the Stealth Grey in person.

Jim

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
This car WILL be a theft target because of how rare it is. If you don't think so, then you don't deserve one.
Get real. I've owned cars that were far more limited than this. Still do in fact. Also cars that are far bigger theft targets than these will ever be. Still do there also.

Some parts on this car would fit in an ST or similar. Many wont. Won't be worth stealing to that many people outside of possible joyrides. I'll park mine anywhere without worrying about theft while my track car has a wheel boot on it to help keep it in my possession. I'm fine that you think I don't "deserve" one because I won't debadge it ricer style (IMO) to hide that its an RS as if multiple other visual clues don't make that super obvious already.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Never knew debadging was ricer... Adding things to suggest a car is something it isn't is the definition of ricer. Aka an ST rocking an RS badge. Oh well, to each his own!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Never knew debadging was ricer... Adding things to suggest a car is something it isn't is the definition of ricer. Aka an ST rocking an RS badge. Oh well, to each his own!
Normally I see it on lower trims to hide that its a lower trim so I consider it ricey for that reason. Maybe some will do it for looks. I don't generally care what my cars look like too much though. The RS will be lucky if it gets an annual car wash.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just took the Focus badge off the ST. Would d the same with an RS.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll prilly take the Focus badge off, just because I don't like the font. Everything else can stay. As for the comment about this being a theft target, I doubt that. With the complexity of today's anti theft devices as well as the fact that the car will stick out like a sore thumb. Theft rates should be pretty low on this one. Most likely, the ones that will be "stolen" are the ones that people cannot make the payment's on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Either just the Focus or everything, except the front RS, have to see it first.

Ok guys, call me a noob, but what is the best way to removE badges?
Fishing line and a heat gun or blow dryer. Old credit card will work as well.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts
About this Discussion
311 Replies
164 Participants
Stiletto
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing