• It's a shame. A mark against an otherwise amazing design

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming in at nearly 40 feet, we'll be doing alot of multi-points in parking lots. For those of you using it as your DD, how much do you care?

For those of you with lots of time clocked in the ST, what's your experience in parking lots and city streets?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The ST is sometimes a pain in the butt when your parking and flipping b!tches. You do get used to it and learn to take wider shots at spaces.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the one main detail keeping the RS from being my true "God Car"
If only it had 5 feet off the turn!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not going to lie, I was really hoping it was better than the ST

At least we get a back-up camera so we can utilize all the space we have.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My ST had a worse turning circle than my Raptor! My Mustang GT is much easier to move/park.....now will I care? - not one bit.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It's better than my raptor was... I'm good!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't care. My Evo 8 had a large turn radius too and it was rare that I ever hard to reverse when making a U-turn.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Makes navigating my tight parking lot a bit embarrassing. Have had to explain a couple of times to coworkers that say, I thought you were a car guy when I have to do a three point turn to get out of my space...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Coming in at nearly 40 feet, we'll be doing alot of multi-points in parking lots. For those of you using it as your DD, how much do you care?

For those of you with lots of time clocked in the ST, what's your experience in parking lots and city streets?
Does anyone know what the '14 Fusion is? My Fusion has been perfect, not sure if it is less than 40 feet?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yeah, the ST can sometimes be a pain... You just get used to it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i found this listed at 18' 8"

2014*Ford*Fusion Specifications
How is that possible that a larger car is LESS THAN HALF the turning circle? If true, that is literally the worst part about the Focus RS hands down. You think it would be a small turning radius to help on the track and for making tight drifts / turns

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The only downside on the ST is that you look like a dunce when doing a three point turn (well, it's meant to be) on an average road. But , this is the tradeoff for precision steering while you're fanging it through the twisties. No complaints there...........

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wowza. Even the Fiesta ST is 35.5'

How is that possible that a larger car is LESS THAN HALF the turning circle? If true, that is literally the worst part about the Focus RS hands down. You think it would be a small turning radius to help on the track and for making tight drifts / turns

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
34 Participants
RSjin
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing