Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see what the best options are for front endlinks on this car.

When I bought the car it already had a whiteline fsb and endlinks on it.... Anyways hit a massive pothole at highway speeds that blew out a tire and blew apart one of the endlinks.

I am currently on stock suspension, may go coilover in the future but that's a maybe and a ways off in the future. I'll try to run close to stock ride height if and when I do that.

I've heard some not great things about the whiteline endlinks, is there anything better somebody might suggest? Should I just go back with them? Pay up for some stockers since I'm at stock ride height at the moment and worry about adjustables if I ever change my ride height?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I went with MassiveSpeedSystems endlinks to go along with their stout camber arms and toe links. I liked the build quality and satin black oem finish. Unfortunately on KWV3 coilovers, the rear end links rub the subframe and make a thump/squeak on dips or when flexing on driveways.
Another member with the same setup as me swapped the rear end links for Whiteline and reported no rubbing, so I may have to swap to those on the rear only.

Anyone else I’ve asked has only said good things about their whiteline endlinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Overspooled
The things I've read on this forum pertaining to the whitelines on the front is that they start to hit stuff when you are lowered or add camber, and they are noisy/come loose with the supplied hardware.
I may just go with stock if there is no benefit as @lflouie suggests, I didn't know if factory links would let an aftermarket bar set neutral or if it would be preloading it.

It would kinda suck to buy twice, but suspension is still a long ways down the road so it's no huge deal if stockers are best for an otherwise stock suspension other than the front sway.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Stock links work fine with an after market sway bar front or rear, as long as the car isn't lowered. Changing to AFTMKT bar actually corrects the binding that Ford has in their hem setup.

I have a stock bar on the front and the Whiteline front end links....on stock struts with Mountune springs they work great. I have Whiteline rear bar and stock Ford links on the rear, works fine.

@Overspooled
The things I've read on this forum pertaining to the whitelines on the front is that they start to hit stuff when you are lowered or add camber, and they are noisy/come loose with the supplied hardware.
I may just go with stock if there is no benefit as @lflouie suggests, I didn't know if factory links would let an aftermarket bar set neutral or if it would be preloading it.

It would kinda suck to buy twice, but suspension is still a long ways down the road so it's no huge deal if stockers are best for an otherwise stock suspension other than the front sway.
Steeda end links these allow you to repack with grease comes with grease nipple 👍
@Overspooled

·
Registered
425 Posts
Stock links work fine with an after market sway bar front or rear, as long as the car isn't lowered. Changing to AFTMKT bar actually corrects the binding that Ford has in their hem setup.

I have a stock bar on the front and the Whiteline front end links....on stock struts with Mountune springs they work great. I have Whiteline rear bar and stock Ford links on the rear, works fine.

This is good to hear. I'm installing the front coilovers of my KW DDC set tomorrow (installed the rears a couple days ago along with my Massive camber and toe arms). I'm also keeping the stock sway bar up front and installing Whiteline endlinks since I'll be slightly lower than stock (planning on setting the ride height at the highest setting). The WL endlinks seem pretty sturdy to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have purchased a set of Mountune springs and plan on having them installed soon. That being said from what I've read here its best to also install adjustable front end links as well? Would I need anything for the rear as well? I am not looking for any real suspension upgrades unless needed to make the Mountune springs work properly without any issues. After looking on the Whiteline site I believe this is the front end link that I would need (KLC140-295 - Sway Bar - Link). Can someone confirm if this is correct so I dont buy the wrong one and also let me know any other part number for the rear if in fact need to buy something for the rear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have purchased a set of Mountune springs and plan on having them installed soon. That being said from what I've read here its best to also install adjustable front end links as well? Would I need anything for the rear as well? I am not looking for any real suspension upgrades unless needed to make the Mountune springs work properly without any issues. After looking on the Whiteline site I believe this is the front end link that I would need (KLC140-295 - Sway Bar - Link). Can someone confirm if this is correct so I dont buy the wrong one and also let me know any other part number for the rear if in fact need to buy something for the rear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Part number for the fronts is actually KLC163. I saw somebody on these forums say that was the part number Whiteline had told him came with the sway bar kit. I couldn't find it on Whiteline's website at the time, but looks like it's listed now: KLC163 - Sway bar - link. Do note they're actually cheaper on Amazon. I bought them last month for $92. Looks like they are now $115, but still cheaper than Whiteline's website ($137). As for needing them in the rear, I don't think they are necessary. I installed my KW DDCs this last weekend, and I am sticking with the factory sway bar and endlinks in the back. I'm also keeping the stock sway bar up front.

EDIT: Actually, looking at Whiteline's website, they list both KLC140 AND KLC163 as being compatible with the RS. Although, the KLC140 is showing as out of stock. Don't know what the difference is since lengths are not listed anywhere on the listings. I can tell you that my KLC163 is about 1.25" shorter than stock at the shortest setting. They also have Allen key slots in the tips of the mounting bolts to keep them from spinning while tightening, as opposed to a nut in front of the boot to hold onto with another wrench. Either way, I see no functional difference in the parts listed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was running the Whiteline end links with their sway bar but found them to make noise no matter how much I torqued them down. I went back to OE links and noise went away. Also running Mountune springs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Might hold onto the MassiveSpeedSystems front links since they have been great so far, and change my rears to whiteline. Kind of bugged me that the ends touch the sub frame and make a thud on certain bumps on the road or entrances.

Does anyone know the part number for the rear ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
@OP If you don't mind the mismatched look, you can replace the broken endlink with a stock one, assuming the Whiteline endlink has similar dimension as stock. For removing swaybar preload, which is what the adjustment is mainly used for, you only need one side to be adjustable to achieve that. At least that should keep you going until you decide to make the next suspension change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts