15,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd drop this here in Appearance

Plasti Dip Vs. Autodip

AutoDIP The Next Generation Of Peelable Paint

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My opinion has always been that I will never use Plasti-Dip because they don't have a gloss option that is anything better than a matte finish. Autodip is a hell of a lot closer to a floss finish, but to be honest the uneven spraying makes the finish look kind of questionable. It would probably look better if the guy spraying it had actually been trying.

Also there's no vocal track in the first video so mute is highly recommended. Again.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I normally use plasti dip as a protectant for when I store my wheels.

Other times its for changing things up and trying new color combinations.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had never seen the autodip before. However after seeing that video I would like to try it out on some rims and see what they turn out like.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My opinion has always been that I will never use Plasti-Dip because they don't have a gloss option that is anything better than a matte finish. Autodip is a hell of a lot closer to a floss finish, but to be honest the uneven spraying makes the finish look kind of questionable. It would probably look better if the guy spraying it had actually been trying.

Also there's no vocal track in the first video so mute is highly recommended. Again.
They've just come out with a new type of Plasti Dip that's gloss called Autoflex Gloss from DYC in Florida.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Should I use Plasti-Dip or Auto-Dip to change the color of my whole car to "Race Red" since apparently the RS Ford Color Decision executives are color blind ? :p :p :p :p :p :p

YMMV,

MidCow3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts