• I'd like another option for my wheels

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far it looks like there is going to be two different wheels being offered on the FoRS.

First, is the Gray Magnetite wheel with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

magnetite wheel.jpg

The other choice is the 1.5lb lighter per wheel/corner Black Forged wheel with Michelin Pilot Super Cup 2 tires.

black forged.jpg

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I hate to bring up a negative point but the wheel and tire options are inseparable. You get one set of wheels / tires or the other not a mix and match option.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I want the forged wheels with super sport tires...dumb

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same, I want the forged wheels with PSS. But, I value the wheels more than I do the tires, and I will either suck it up and drive the PSC2 to the ground and get new PSS tires, or I will attempt to sell the PSC2 for PSS.

The first option is probably the least pain in the ass, but the PSC2 will probably last one season, if I'm lucky. The standard wheels look too much like the ones on the WRX, so I'm not too interested in them...

13-2015-subaru-wrx-fd-1.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hate to bring up a negative point but the wheel and tire options are inseparable. You get one set of wheels / tires or the other not a mix and match option.
^This.

I'm still undecided what wheel I prefer. Maybe the decider for me will be the price difference

Can always order the other wheels as spares on my ford discount

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big brakes alert: for those wishing to step down to 18in wheels and rims, there are going to be clearance issues. I had considered my 18 Titanium five spokes but the offset is the same as the OEM ST wheels at 55.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Yes, 18" ST wheels for All-season tires is my plan, but will not know 100% until the cars start hitting dealers and we get one that will pull it in the garage and test fit on front and rear.

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They stated already the current ST wheel "should fit"
I've never trusted the word should, it's let me down way too many times. The Big Brembos calipers are going to be the culprit for the front corners. The rears should be fine, or at least that's what I hear.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've never trusted the word should, it's let me down way too many times. The Big Brembos calipers are going to be the culprit for the front corners. The rears should be fine, or at least that's what I hear.
"Should fit" is kinda like "a little bit pregnant." :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I always test front and rear, my 87 Integra came with 14's but 13" Civic wheels fit up front no problem, but on the rear you had to mod the car to fit them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have good news! I reached out to one of my Ford contacts to clarify wheel tire options. The Supper Sports will be standard on all wheels, the Cup 2s will be a tire option only on the forged wheels.

So, you can have either wheel option and have the choice of Super Sports or Cup 2s if you choose the Forged wheels.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Awesome!!! Definitely going with the forged, unless price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rejoice! This is definitely the smarter move as most of us will not be getting proper use out of those Cup2's! I didn't want to waste such good tires on the street and I didn't want to have to get a brand new set of tires right at purchase either. Definitely want those forged wheels!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have good news! I reached out to one of my Ford contacts to clarify wheel tire options. The Supper Sports will be standard on all wheels, the Cup 2s will be a tire option only on the forged wheels.

So, you can have either wheel option and have the choice of Super Sports or Cup 2s if you choose the Forged wheels.
That sounds good! Can you check with your Ford contact about what other options (more specifically than all the nebulous marketing announcements) are going to be offered and does he/she have any pricing yet?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Later in the year we will provide more information was also part of the exchange.

Expect the making of the RS videos soon.

As far as options, I have provided that in another post following my interview: Color, Sunroof, Wheels, tires, two seat choices, power or mechanical, and that's about it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts