Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the OEM bypass valve (aka recirculating) valve on my RS. I suspect its leaking. I'm keen to keep the car as stock as possible to avoid warranty questions, and I don't want a BOV (vented). So the choice seems to be, in order of preference:

1. Ford Performance M-TRV-FPRS
  2. Mountune 2536-TRV-AA
  3. GFB T9360
Anyone have 1 installed? Seems rare. Available from CJPonyParts with a hit for tax/shipping.
Wolf Racing offer 2, but have no stock. Who else sells it locally?
3 is cheapest and available but says "modified" and comes with adjustment stress.
?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nothing installed but the Mountune and Ford Performance valves are the same. When I replace the BPV I will go for the Ford Performance one. I figure in the case of a failure the FP part would be far less to cause any warranty denial issues.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Nothing installed but the Mountune and Ford Performance valves are the same. When I replace the BPV I will go for the Ford Performance one. I figure in the case of a failure the FP part would be far less to cause any warranty denial issues.
+1 on that.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have the Mountune one installed, very similar to the stock except I metal. Have you tried inspecting the o-ring on the stock one? Might be able to replace just that part if it's damaged?

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts

I got the FP installed on mine by the dealer 2 weeks after I picked up my RS. I got it at cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Mountune recirc along with the B3 package. Had my entire long block & intercooler without the blanking plate replaced under warranty without any fuss.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the input. Just ordered the Ford Performance Recirc Valve from CJPony Parts. US$139.99 which lands here at A$305.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fitted. Quality part. Didn't notice any difference on a quick first test drive.

There are no o-rings in the OEM part to replace, and I could not find a part listing on the usual sites for the OEM valve i.e. seems like it is not sold as a spare part. As you can see, the one I removed appears undamaged. The spring is much weaker than the Ford Performance version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts