Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm imagining that when the dealer gives me my (even partial) VIN, I'll be able to decode that to confirm that my some of my intended options were correctly ordered, but not all.

I.e., I'm guessing that tires are not encoded into the VIN. Is this correct?

Are there any other order options that I won't be able to confirm by decoding my (partial?) VIN, i.e., using some Ford website?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm imagining that when the dealer gives me my (even partial) VIN, I'll be able to decode that to confirm that my some of my intended options were correctly ordered, but not all.

I.e., I'm guessing that tires are not encoded into the VIN. Is this correct?

Are there any other order options that I won't be able to confirm by decoding my (partial?) VIN, i.e., using some Ford website?
I really can't comment on VIN decoding on the Focus, but it sounds to me like what you want is your DORA. I think it's Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It includes all ordered options, their MSRP, their dealer cost, and both the MSRP total and invoice total for your order. I asked my dealer on Saturday and my salesperson hadn't heard the term DORA but when I told her what it meant she made a photocopy of it for me without question.

This is the receipt from Ford for your order, so that shows exactly how the order stands in their system.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I can't speak specifically for the Focus either. Typically the VIN tells you the manufacturer, chassis/body type, engine, model year, plant of origin, and a unique alphanumeric sequence. The sequence can get you all of your options once it's published.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
dkirby
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing