Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on descriptions I found online, it seems we need the "European" 100/109 Motive power bleeder. Is that right? Is it worth the upgrade from the red 100 to the black 109?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have the black plastic 100 but plan on upgrading to the red 109. The fit on the black cap isn't that great. I've had it pop off the reservoir while pressurized a couple of times, making a huge mess.

edit: had p/n's mixed up

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For future reference: The 100 is red label with the black plastic cap. The 109 is black label with the red metal cap. Both fit, but the 109 is considered better due to the better cap (metal vs plastic), better hose/tube (swivels?).

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the black 109. No problem with the cap fitment. Just make sure you insert the rubber seal correctly I to the cap.
Used it for the first time two weeks ago. Worked great. Glad I bought it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I really wished either of these caps come with a 90 deg swiveling fitting so I don't have to loosen the cowl and strut bar to get better access to the reservoir cap.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I really wished either of these caps come with a 90 deg swiveling fitting so I don't have to loosen the cowl and strut bar to get better access to the reservoir cap.

It's easily solved with a small purchase: http://a.co/7aQzCge

·
Registered
245 Posts
Old thread, I know.
@MorningZ thanks for that; those swivel adapters are still around & I ordered 2 of them, along with the Motive 0109, this morning; I’m planning on swapping in the Mountune braided hoses soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts