Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Trimmed mine a bit. Much better than before. Cut off the chain hoops, will never need those. Plus it lets me get the wrench on the locking threaded hitch pin I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Bump. Trying to order the torklift 2” ecohitch. I live in Canada, trying to find a Canadian retailer but having difficulties. Any leads before I bite the bullet on shipping?

I already tried to order the curt hitch a couple times and kept getting sent the normal focus hitch (countless complaints, ordering in person, giving the correct RS specific part number etc) so I gave up for two years. Now I’m ready again

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Bump. Trying to order the torklift 2” ecohitch. I live in Canada, trying to find a Canadian retailer but having difficulties. Any leads before I bite the bullet on shipping?

I already tried to order the curt hitch a couple times and kept getting sent the normal focus hitch (countless complaints, ordering in person, giving the correct RS specific part number etc) so I gave up for two years. Now I’m ready again
I finally went with the torklift after disliking the Curt for the last couple years. It's huge and is noticeable, but it is solid and my bike rack doesn't move at all. I got mine on etrailer so can't help with that part, but just wanted to make sure you know how big the torklift is so that doesn't come as a surprise.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I got the DrawTite hitch, 1 1/4". It's pretty good, but there is still flex unfortunately. It's really disadvantaged by the lack of some kind of brace, like maybe Curt has it - I forget which one - where there is a bracket secured against the RDU. Without that bracket there's quite a bit of flex in the hitch.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts