Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had the maxton on my st...broke and edge of it while parrallel parking in packed/frozen snow. The flowdesign spoiler is clearly capable of living through a winter and even worse. I’d be worried of tearing out the bumper cover and front undertray before anything happens to the splitter!
@eglove did you car start heating more than usual with all the radiator/intercooler opening filled?

I had mine frozen bad after a freezing rain/wet snow evening and it was definitely making the car heat up more than usual! Was glad I was not going very far that day!

Not so clear on the picture but the whole grilles were covered with a sheet of ice thicker than shown on the antenna!
Yea, my TRC and Maxton lips both broke on my ST until I made my own splitter out of aluminum to go underneath to protect them.

Yea it warmed up a little quicker, but there was still some airflow going through above the crash bar, I didn't have my accessport plugged in so I couldn't see temps

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Downforce Solutions worked for me. If you've never had a splitter...the drive thru, may become a walk thru. There quality is good, all hardware incl., quick delivery. The edge trim that will scrape, and it will, is really tough!! I had a body shop install mine,($200), but I'm 71. Not a difficult DIY. This one installs so the struts mount under the grill cross member so no holes are evident. This was a big deal to me because I was worried it might be "to much" Now a car without a splitter looks incomplete. Any unconvince is worth it.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've been waiting for rally innovations to finish some other ones but it seems like it may never happen. The ones with the struts are a little too over the top for me and the three piece ones from rally innovations just dont look right. ugh.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've been waiting for rally innovations to finish some other ones but it seems like it may never happen. The ones with the struts are a little too over the top for me and the three piece ones from rally innovations just dont look right. ugh.
I was also waiting for those ….. since their R4S came out. Then Flow designs released their preorder, and I was done waiting.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
While doing some more searching recently I did stumble across the flow design products. I guess I didnt' look close enough because they seem to be what I'm kind of looking for though priced a little more than I'd like to spend. Also most pictures seem to be with the extensions etc so it's hard for me to see what each piece may look like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
While doing some more searching recently I did stumble across the flow design products. I guess I didnt' look close enough because they seem to be what I'm kind of looking for though priced a little more than I'd like to spend. Also most pictures seem to be with the extensions etc so it's hard for me to see what each piece may look like.
I posted pics of it without extensions etc in this thread earlier

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Same here posted pictures without the side fins and with the extensions tucked all the way in.

The extensions act as a scrape barrier to the main piece too which is nice. And they are really though too.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
So the extensions can be adjusted? They seemed so big in some of the photos, like way more than I want. Will the fins work with the base splitter and no extensions?

·
Registered
199 Posts
So the extensions can be adjusted? They seemed so big in some of the photos, like way more than I want. Will the fins work with the base splitter and no extensions?
Yes, you can get the fins without the extensions. I have my extensions all the way out with the fins all the way in on front. They do help as more scrape protection, as they hit when I pull into my driveway but not out for some reason.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/26450-what-did-you-do-your-fors-today-205.html#post2221862

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Wow that is way too aggressive for me! I can't believe you dont clip that getting into every driveway etc..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anybody see that Rally innovations released their new kit for the R4S? I'm extremely intrigued by the light bar, wing, and wheel diffusers.

I was waiting for this before I bough the Flow designs kit, it just took RI too long. The slightly more aggressive front splitter does look good though.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Flow Designs in Australia make the only customizable strong front splitter. They're honestly insane, but they're not offered in gloss. So for me, the Maxton Designs v4 kit front, sides and rear :)

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
29 Participants
SLOW_RS_
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing