Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some crap at work and stupidly put a safety box knife in my pocket. Unfortunately the box knife cover had sharp ends that dug into the softer gel inlay and ruined it. :(

While I have the spare key of course, I'm trying to find a replacement transmitter cover.

On Tasca parts I found the normal Ford logo Transmitter cover, not the RS specific one.

The PN# on the back of the RS specific cover turns out to be the PN# for the entire FOB, and there isn't anything functionally wrong with my FOB so no need to buy the full key.

Anyone have an idea where I can buy the RS specific cover? I haven't yet called a dealer, I'm almost positive it can be bought, just haven't found the right PN# yet for it.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
this may be the best option, found on the FocusRSOC Forums, website called paintmodz, seems he does custom gel inlays for the keyfob itself ( but the price is in Euro )

I was doing some crap at work and stupidly put a safety box knife in my pocket. Unfortunately the box knife cover had sharp ends that dug into the softer gel inlay and ruined it. :(

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If you have an extended warranty, you're entitled to getting a replacement key. The trick is getting the dealer to give you an RS key vs the vanilla Ford one.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised you don't have a silicone slip cover over your key fob....

Ford Silicone Key Fob Cover Blue
I hate the way the covers make the key fobs feel, and don't like how they make the fob larger in my pocket.

I never had a problem before, the fobs are plenty durable. Plus I usually think about what I put into my pocket with my keys or phone. I never put the phone in the same pocket as my keys. Just didn't think bout being as careful with the fob that day.

It was one of these guys that did the damage. Blade was retracted, but it still has some sharper edges that while not going to cut anything, they can damage soft plastics.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
If you have an extended warranty, you're entitled to getting a replacement key. The trick is getting the dealer to give you an RS key vs the vanilla Ford one.
The inlay gel might be a cheaper alternative.

the Key replacement from the dealer depends if you have a copay.

If it's just the gel......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts