Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good JamoRS!
I did mount mine on the l/h side of the flat plate though. I thought it would be more even and didn't show the plate. But I haven't fitted mine to the RS so not sure if it fits that way.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Yeah I did it to the right hand side so I could run the cables down the pillar, I might even cut that extra bit off to make it look nicer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my install page I mentioned the following:
"I ran the Accessport cable behind the steering wheel, inside the center console behind the HVAC controls, and out the passenger side panel."

I popped the Focus RS OBD2 port lose from its mount inside the dash so that I could plug in the Accessport and keep the access panel shut. Make sure you don't pinch the AP cable around the shifter area. The AP cable comes out right by the front left mounting point of the passenger seat underneath the center console. No issues with vibration.
Hank, I read what you did, but to do this did you remove the center counsel or anything else besides that side trim panel? I put mine behind the media screen and out by the glove box. I tried to run it down through the trim to the passenger seat but there isn't enough cable this way. Really struggling haha.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hank, I read what you did, but to do this did you remove the center counsel or anything else besides that side trim panel? I put mine behind the media screen and out by the glove box. I tried to run it down through the trim to the passenger seat but there isn't enough cable this way. Really struggling haha.
You have to run the cable lower in the dash. Once you leave the back of the OBD2 port and pass the steering wheel, you need to drop down by the HVAC controls (not up high by the media screen). I have plenty of cable left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to run the cable lower in the dash. Once you leave the back of the OBD2 port and pass the steering wheel, you need to drop down by the HVAC controls (not up high by the media screen). I have plenty of cable left.
And you did that by just sticking the cable through? Didn't need to take anything else off or use anything to pull the cable through? When I looked lower I didn't see a way to fish it through. Do you have a picture of where you went on the drivers side?
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Grey Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
And you did that by just sticking the cable through? Didn't need to take anything else off or use anything to pull the cable through? When I looked lower I didn't see a way to fish it through. Do you have a picture of where you went on the drivers side?
I recommend taking off the driver side panel for the center console. Then you can route the Accessport cable much lower before jumping across to the passenger side footwell. Depending on what you use to fish the cable across the underside of the center console, you may or may not need to remove the passenger side panel for the center console.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend taking off the driver side panel for the center console. Then you can route the Accessport cable much lower before jumping across to the passenger side footwell. Depending on what you use to fish the cable across the underside of the center console, you may or may not need to remove the passenger side panel for the center console.

Thank you so much, this is very helpful!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts