Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
@Hank, I liked your mount so much I copied you. I upgraded the wire routing into the loom of the Arkon post for a cleaner look. It also eliminates the possibility of the wire getting pinched in the passenger seat track.
View attachment 290401
View attachment 290409
Your blog was very helpful. I look forward to using it again for future mods.
Question, can you slide the passenger seat so the way up now? I need to know for the baby seat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
Question, can you slide the passenger seat so the way up now? I need to know for the baby seat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yes. You just have to bend the post forward and then curve it back so it goes around the seat bottom. Hank's post has some good pictures of it.

Reactions: Focus112

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been running the pro clip A-pillar mount since October of 17 and absolutely love it. Great mount for about $70. I've had adhesive mounts on my 15 sti in the past and eventually my AccessPort always seemed to fall!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
@Hank, I liked your mount so much I copied you. I upgraded the wire routing into the loom of the Arkon post for a cleaner look. It also eliminates the possibility of the wire getting pinched in the passenger seat track.
View attachment 290401
View attachment 290409
Your blog was very helpful. I look forward to using it again for future mods.
I copied this setup too, does yours vibrate while driving?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hank - sorry if this question has been asked before, but how exactly did you run the AP cable for that setup? I figured this was explained in another post, but I can't seem to find it.
On my install page I mentioned the following:
"I ran the Accessport cable behind the steering wheel, inside the center console behind the HVAC controls, and out the passenger side panel."

I popped the Focus RS OBD2 port lose from its mount inside the dash so that I could plug in the Accessport and keep the access panel shut. Make sure you don't pinch the AP cable around the shifter area. The AP cable comes out right by the front left mounting point of the passenger seat underneath the center console. No issues with vibration.

Reactions: wiltocking

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why is there no A pillar mount for right hand drive vehicles?
I realise it's due to numbers of right vs left hand drive vehicles but there must be enough of us with the UK and Australia to make it?
I want a mount that sits high so I don't have to move my eyes far off the road to see the Cobb.
I guess I'll have to get a window suction cup mount, unless someone can show me a better option.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why is there no A pillar mount for right hand drive vehicles?
I realise it's due to numbers of right vs left hand drive vehicles but there must be enough of us with the UK and Australia to make it?
I want a mount that sits high so I don't have to move my eyes far off the road to see the Cobb.
I guess I'll have to get a window suction cup mount, unless someone can show me a better option.
You can get an a pillar mount for RHD cars.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK. Did several searches online and could only find LHD.

Please give details!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found one. It's just a flat plate and I'll have to mount the Cobb holder to it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought mine from holdmyphone website, they're in Sydney. It's a 2 part kit; the A-pillar flat mount and the clip on mount for the Cobb.

The A-pillar mount,

The clip on mount for the Cobb,

I haven't fitted mine to the RS yet, but have fitted the 2 parts together (note comes with required screws to secure clip on mount to A-pillar flat mount) and test fitted the Cobb holder and Cobb and it all works perfectly well. Looks just like the L/H drive mount the American websites sell.

Hope this helps all you R/H drivers out there.

Attachments

41 - 59 of 59 Posts