Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
A-pillar mount. Everything else will fall eventually. The adhesive on the mount that comes with it does not like summer in car temps, and I had a suction mount for my SCT X4 in my mustang that would stay put for months but again, once summer rolled around I would found that ***** on the floor once a week.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
A-pillar mount. Everything else will fall eventually. The adhesive on the mount that comes with it does not like summer in car temps, and I had a suction mount for my SCT X4 in my mustang that would stay put for months but again, once summer rolled around I would found that ***** on the floor once a week.
I dunno, that vent clip is wedged on there pretty tight..

I didn't go A-pillar because I didn't want to advertise to the world I have one. But I've used ProClip mounts before and they're top-notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I dunno, that vent clip is wedged on there pretty tight..

I didn't go A-pillar because I didn't want to advertise to the world I have one. But I've used ProClip mounts before and they're top-notch.

Hm...didn’t know there was a vent clip. Definitely would have considered that an option as well.

I kinda like people being able to see it. Staves off the Civic SI douchebags and their ricer flybys

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hm...didn’t know there was a vent clip. Definitely would have considered that an option as well.

I kinda like people being able to see it. Staves off the Civic SI douchebags and their ricer flybys
If anything I think it would encourage that mess. Add a 6" tachometer to your A-pillar, guaranteed revs at every stoplight.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Arkon GN088-SBH 20" Flexible Aluminum Gooseneck (Seat Bolt or Floor Mount)
- More info here...

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Man y’all are fancy.

I pushed the factory plug back and ran the cable up between the passenger seat and console. When it’s plugged in it sits on the passenger seat or the passengers lap.

When not in use, it sits on my desk.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hank, can that be mounted on the drivers side? i like the position, but already have the phone mount in that area
I can’t say for sure. I wouldn’t recommend it next to the driver’s leg. Consider mounting the phone with a magnet / vent clip?

Reactions: Ecobeast

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Nice pics, sorry to hijack though, but Your center console looks different from mine. I just have cup holders there. Yours look like it has a sliding door to cover the cup holders. Is that correct?
He's got the UK cup holder

Hank's RS - UK Cup Holder

There is a Ford dealer in the UK (damned if i can recall the name of it) that sells to people in the US.. it was like $150 shipped if i remember correctly

** Edit: here it is https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_centre_console_cupholder_2014_f_2058173.htm **

·
Registered
90 Posts
He's got the UK cup holder

Hank's RS - UK Cup Holder

There is a Ford dealer in the UK (damned if i can recall the name of it) that sells to people in the US.. it was like $150 shipped if i remember correctly
oh. That is nicer than I thought. I don't like the US cup holder compared to the UK style. I seen other pics of it online, but thought maybe it was a minor difference in the 16 -->17 year. Add something else to my shopping list lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I’ve been working on some under dash wiring and have some pointers.

First losen the OBD port from its mount and connect the COBB AP cord to it.

Remove the weather stripping about a foot either side of the factory cut line

On the drive side, end of dash, you’ll find a removable trim panel. This comes lose with a trim tool and a firm pull.

Once exposed you’ll notice that there is plenty of access to run the AP cable up through this area.

Once you’ve fished it through you can hide the cable behind the weather stripping and the A pillar trim.

Cleanest install you can do.

·
Registered
873 Posts
- More info here...
@Hank, I liked your mount so much I copied you. I upgraded the wire routing into the loom of the Arkon post for a cleaner look. It also eliminates the possibility of the wire getting pinched in the passenger seat track.
20180422_110300.jpg
20180422_110351.jpg
Your blog was very helpful. I look forward to using it again for future mods.

Reactions: Focus112 and Hank

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
If anything I think it would encourage that mess. Add a 6" tachometer to your A-pillar, guaranteed revs at every stoplight.

- More info here...

While this isnt the easiest to see while driving, i love how clean it is.

Reactions: Hank

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Awesome I ended up ordering the Scosche Magic Mount Pro had solid reviews and its simple. I do not want to advertise that I have an AP.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I think V3 units were designed with magnetic holders in mind.
Either way there's no magnetic storage in it to be affected.
They designed it with a ferrous plate in the back of the unit to catch a magnetic holder, from the factory

21 - 40 of 59 Posts