Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Where and how is your Accessport located

44K views 69 replies 30 participants last post by  JGgottwald21 
#1 · (Edited)
I looked and I could not find a thread specifically for Accessport mounting and setups?...

Here's a pic of mine, Using just a universal phone mount on the windscreen.
Been good for 3 months so far, very pleased with the cheap ebay mount

I am wondering on how people are hiding majority of the Accessport cable?
and has anyone figured out a way to close the cover infront of the odb port with the accessport connected?

Vehicle Car Driving Gauge Auto part

Edit** sorry for rubbish picture,

See less See more
#7 ·
here's mine. windshield mount with all wiring hidden and wrapped around the mount and behind the a-pillar. View attachment 128121
Looks good running cable down the a pillar, Might have a go on the weekend.
Do you have any dramas with battery usage having it plugged in all the time?

I had mine plugged in for 5 straight days and the battery V was down around 12v, thought it should be around 13/14v??

#3 ·
#4 ·
Well, it would seem that to the outside of the wheel on the windshield would be the traditional spot,
with the only other good place is where I put mine, on the inside above the vent.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Windshield

Depending how I have the wheel adjusted, I can start/stop a datalog w/o taking my hand off the wheel.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Electronics

Also, regarding my 9500ix, I can mute an alarm with my hand on the shift knob too.

Both cables slide up under the dash panel, then to either the OBDII port, or the A pillar.
Vehicle Car Family car Hyundai Hyundai veloster

When I unplug the AP, I just tuck the cable in next to the steering column, you can barely see it.
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Regarding the OBDII port cover... I just took a wire cutter and a box cutter and hacked out the stupid
plastic inset "handle" that was preventing me from closing the door.
Vehicle Car Auto part Family car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Auto part Personal luxury car Steering wheel

You could probably be a little more carefully, and make the edges a little smoother, just don't
slice your arm off with the box cutter, that plastic is a ***** to cut evenly.
Bumper Auto part

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Family car

#6 ·
Well, it would seem that to the outside of the wheel on the windshield would be the traditional spot,
with the only other good place is where I put mine, on the inside above the vent.

Regarding the OBDII port cover... I just took a wire cutter and a box cutter and hacked out the stupid
plastic inset "handle" that was preventing me from closing the door.

View attachment 128618

You could probably be a little more carefully, and make the edges a little smoother, just don't
slice your arm off with the box cutter, that plastic is a ***** to cut evenly.

That looks good, however I think the UK/AUS version is different to your US version.
We have a compartment on the back of the cover? or have you taken yours off?

#9 ·
I do believe the OBDII connection on the car will just pop loose and you can tuck everything back under the dash a bit.

#11 ·
I use the Cobb mount.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Car Auto part

I pushed the OBD port out of it's holder and connected the Accessport inside the dash.
Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Trunk

Routed the cable through the opening around the steering wheel.
Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior

Reactions: Zellhound and KRASH
#12 ·
Does the RS have A-pillar curtain airbags? If so no A-pillar mount unless you want to eat a couple hundred mph Cobb box.

#22 ·
A-pillar mount. Everything else will fall eventually. The adhesive on the mount that comes with it does not like summer in car temps, and I had a suction mount for my SCT X4 in my mustang that would stay put for months but again, once summer rolled around I would found that ***** on the floor once a week.

#28 ·
Man y’all are fancy.

I pushed the factory plug back and ran the cable up between the passenger seat and console. When it’s plugged in it sits on the passenger seat or the passengers lap.

When not in use, it sits on my desk.

#34 ·
I’ve been working on some under dash wiring and have some pointers.

First losen the OBD port from its mount and connect the COBB AP cord to it.

Remove the weather stripping about a foot either side of the factory cut line

On the drive side, end of dash, you’ll find a removable trim panel. This comes lose with a trim tool and a firm pull.

Once exposed you’ll notice that there is plenty of access to run the AP cable up through this area.

Once you’ve fished it through you can hide the cable behind the weather stripping and the A pillar trim.

Cleanest install you can do.

#43 ·
I've been running the pro clip A-pillar mount since October of 17 and absolutely love it. Great mount for about $70. I've had adhesive mounts on my 15 sti in the past and eventually my AccessPort always seemed to fall!

#51 ·
Why is there no A pillar mount for right hand drive vehicles?
I realise it's due to numbers of right vs left hand drive vehicles but there must be enough of us with the UK and Australia to make it?
I want a mount that sits high so I don't have to move my eyes far off the road to see the Cobb.
I guess I'll have to get a window suction cup mount, unless someone can show me a better option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.