Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I read this on the Forum somewhere but can't seem to find it now. When does the factory begin production after the European Holiday season of the dealer stock and customer ordered vehicles? Any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
As long as there are no production delays, January 4th, 2016 is the date that has been posted on numerous forums. But I haven't personally seen anything official from Ford.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I had a dream, was more of a nightmare, the night before last that I picked up my rs august 19. Ive heard several times on the forum here that it takes 10 weeks for shipping. That puts the start of production around july. :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
As long as there are no production delays, January 4th, 2016 is the date that has been posted on numerous forums. But I haven't personally seen anything official from Ford.
Inside source from Germany who is training on the RS Line said full production will start 11/01/2016 with a view of 200+ cars a day up to 300 depending on demand

·
Registered
971 Posts
Inside source from Germany who is training on the RS Line said full production will start 11/01/2016 with a view of 200+ cars a day up to 300 depending on demand
For those of us in the US, that would be January 11th!

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is a very disappointing date
Being realistic dont expect your cars in the USA Canada until Mid to late March as UK has 1500 and if rumers are correct only 2000 for Good old USA/Canada say they make 240 a day dived 3500 by 240 you will get number of weeks to get your car and add a week or two shipping and dealer delivery time to that
Dont feel so sad we have to wait here in Australia until at least mid June
Ok we may see some Dealer demo and press cars before we see our cars but that is in the laps of the ford Gods

·
Registered
460 Posts
Switzerland is only getting 200.
Guess people really still deny that nearly every 2nd car is a M/RS/AMG or sportscar of any sort.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
For those of us in the US, that would be January 11th!
I have both of those dates circled in on my 2016 calendar.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That sounds correct. I know it the states the first week of production is making sure all is well. I'm hoping, because the Focus is all ready in production that the RS will not take a full week.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was a little freaked out until I realized that 11/1/2016 means January 11, 2016, not November 1, 2016.
Haha.....if I didn't work with steamship lines and wasn't used to seeing the dates formed like that on their websites, I'd be in the same boat. (Pun partially intended)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the discussion folks, this is what I thought I read so this confirms it. I am in a car lease that is up in July, so I should be in good shape. I just didn't want my RS showing up in February and then having to deal with the two cars and putting winters on the RS right away. I guess I could drive my current car even when I have the RS until the weather is good enough for the summer tires, and try to sell my daily driver instead of trading it in. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
my dealer replied last week after I asked a side issue about wheel change and he told me again april.The dealer is small and I thinks he wants the sale as quick as I do so no games april guys

·
Registered
334 Posts
my dealer replied last week after I asked a side issue about wheel change and he told me again april.The dealer is small and I thinks he wants the sale as quick as I do so no games april guys
I'm in the process of purchasing the RS again now, and the dealership is telling me early summer for delivery. I guess at this point I'm getting the second production run?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the discussion folks, this is what I thought I read so this confirms it. I am in a car lease that is up in July, so I should be in good shape. I just didn't want my RS showing up in February and then having to deal with the two cars and putting winters on the RS right away. I guess I could drive my current car even when I have the RS until the weather is good enough for the summer tires, and try to sell my daily driver instead of trading it in. Thanks.
Exactly same situation here. Lease expires in Jun so I will probably have to make double payment for a month or two max since mine has been selected for scheduling as of now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts