Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@dkirby Now that my car will be built tomorrow what would be a realistic projected delivery date? I still need to deliver my ST cross country and don't want to be stuck without a car for too long. i was planning on taking the trip in early March

·
Registered
11 Posts
People who seem to be in the know expect them to go though some QC stuff for approx a month then approx 2 months to arrive and go through customs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
On the east coast we are looking at 4-6 weeks. Not sure about you on the west coast.

Let's also not forget they have to fill containers before they ship and these are the only Ford product coming from Germany to NA so it's not going to be as quick as anything else.

·
Registered
627 Posts
dkirby has no idea, because that date may not be updated if there really is a delay in production plus you have no idea how they will ship it here, if they will wait until a whole load of cards is ready to ship and that can take months, as well as any shipping delays. there is no way possible to even get close to an eta right now

·
Registered
520 Posts
I wouldn't mind if mine didn't come until April or May, winter will be mostly over by then and I'll have saved more money. I do hope it gets here before I move though......

·
Registered
276 Posts
My guess is april. Ford has advertised that time line for US deliveries and any delay is just lost money so I bet we will see them then.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
first cars arrive in august, thats my guess.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd bet a 6 pack against that every day, and twice on Sundays. I doubt they'll be any NA market car here until April.

That's what I'm saying ....add in the fact they need to fill a certain number of containers before they will ship and you're looking at at least April. Like I said they have to fill their shipment with cars that are very limited in production of only one trim level. If they made ALL focus trim levels for NA in Germany it would be a different story. I think the logistical part of the equation in regards to the RS gets lost on some people ...and I bet some dealers as well

·
Registered
56 Posts
read an article yesterday, it was a review but I forget from where. however according to this article they say the 1st and 2nd week of April is when they will be at the dealerships. not sure how true, but that's what I read yesterday.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
May 15th at 1530 is my guess for East coast. This is based on no factual evidence from Ford Motor company and no experience working for them, however I feel as if I am fully qualified to make this guess :).

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
no its not, but rumors of delays have me thinking. my salesman told me that normally when a car is selected you can expect a vin and build week by the next Thursday. my guess is from the day my order was selected until I get my vin and build week that time frame would be = to the delay. selected nov 19 so i'm 2 months behind already. vins being activated and now they're inactive. this also has me thinking that production is delayed again... I have no proof or source for any of this I just feel that ford is being too quiet. or maybe its just too hard for ford to schedule 10000 builds at one time. that's less than a weeks worth of builds at sarrloius

·
Registered
188 Posts
They are not just filling the boat with RS's. I'm quite sure a number of models go on the ship, and likely sail once per week.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
34 Participants
skip
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing