Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure does this need it's own Thread, if not, one of Admins please feel free to merge/move if needed.

That being said, is it too early to talk about DORA or maybe better, priced DORA :cool:

Some of us have already received VOC from our dealerships, which is great. However, it is only one of the steps in our journey to acquire our FoRS. Until we receive DORA which will put your car on "On Material Hold" until it is scheduled to be built and at the time you should get your partial/full VIN, we are not really guaranteed a vehicle. We can only trust our dealers that they do actually have allocations.

I still haven't heard/read about official number of cars allocated to NA market.

Thoughts?

btw, it does show in VOC, just not sure about it
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Even with DORA you still aren't guaranteed a car... VOC is your dealership saying here is the order we put in, DORA is from Ford saying Here is the order we received. But, even with both, your order isn't guaranteed to be build until you get a " submitted to plant" status. That's when VIN's get assigned and you are golden.... The BOSS mustang guys and raptor guys ran through this... google search it! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with DORA you still aren't guaranteed a car... VOC is your dealership saying here is the order we put in, DORA is from Ford saying Here is the order we received. But, even with both, your order isn't guaranteed to be build until you get a " submitted to plant" status. That's when VIN's get assigned and you are golden.... The BOSS mustang guys and raptor guys ran through this... google search it! :)
That is why I said priced DORA at which point your car is assigned new status "On Material Hold" basically saying it is in the line to be scheduled for production. At this point you should get partial VIN I believe. In my opinion through dealing with Ford and other manufacturers, once you have priced DORA you are almost guaranteed a car. Of course, there are always exceptions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is why I said priced DORA at which point your car is assigned new status "On Material Hold" basically saying it is in the line to be scheduled for production. At this point you should get partial VIN I believe. In my opinion through dealing with Ford and other manufacturers, once you have priced DORA you are almost guaranteed a car. Of course, there are always exceptions. :rolleyes:
On Material Hold still just means it is in a line. Until you get it "submitted to plant" you still can have it canceled. Most likely any cancellations will be because they start production of the 2017MY and you'll need to reorder as such. That happened to a number of the BOSS 302 guys. They had 2012 orders in and had to reorder as 2013, but they got to jump back into the same space in line

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On Material Hold still just means it is in a line. Until you get it "submitted to plant" you still can have it canceled. Most likely any cancellations will be because they start production of the 2017MY and you'll need to reorder as such. That happened to a number of the BOSS 302 guys. They had 2012 orders in and had to reorder as 2013, but they got to jump back into the same space in line
Ultimately they might have lost some time but they got the car especially since they were in same "In Line" spot as before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts