Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the RS allocations hitting the news, I'm curious what the dealers you're talking to are saying as far as arrival time-frame. I've talked to a few of our locals and while most seem to think they can deliver the car in March 2016, a few are saying April and one even said Jan.

What are you hearing at your dealerships?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Truth of the matter is, the global demand is strong and it is highly unlikely that a RS for customer in small-town USA is getting his before Gunter in downtown Berlin. Factory fires up in January. marketing and promotion cars are normally first. Next is cars for Priority customers. Then mass public order. So it is very reasonable to think April-ish.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm putting my money on mid June

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Technically "Spring" ends in late June. I'd be fine with April but not so thrilled with May or later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess maybe it's more accurate to ask what are you hearing from a Ford dealer as far as delivery?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Technically "Spring" ends in late June. I'd be fine with April but not so thrilled with May or later.
Come on fuzzymoto, admit it, like the rest of us we don't want to wait, but when we finally get the keys to OUR OWN car and drive off everything will be fine whether it is April, May, June or whatever. ;)

All the Ford dealers have been told is "Spring 2016"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree....but the planning part of me wants to wrap around at least a ballpark date. I suspect as we get closer to Jan, we'll have a much better idea. I also think there are probably some owners who may be facing a state inspection with their existing car or repairs on their existing car they'd rather avoid if we're talking March vs Sept. If I need tires on my car and inspection is due in April, the delivery date is pretty important.

Personally I'd rather delivery be AFTER the salt and snow season.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, when i ordered my Abarth, I was the very first to get one in my area and was the very first to order as well...... It was a "spring release promise" and it arrived in late may. FYI I ordered it because all the buzz about the RS implied 2015-16 maybe...... but absolutely no sooner. You all remember that dangling ford carrot.

·
Registered
284 Posts
fingers crosse dthat Ford can turn them out quicker than Fiat....
Not to sound negative, Abarths are built on the same line as other 500's. Abarth are nowhere near as complicated as a RS, worst of all, the Abarth is made in more then one location..... god i just bummed myself out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cant see any but the odd trade demo arriving stateside before March. Production starts January and there is already enough European orders placed to fill the first 4 months production...and i can see Europe getting the bulk of that in a split.
Certainly if you order from now on in the UK you will likely not get it before end of summer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
16 Participants
dboyle23
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing