Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang! Wanted to get some opinions on how you would think Mag Blue wheels (on Volk TE37s) would look on stealth gray. I can't find any pictures, but I was able to find some pics of a S2000 in Audi Nardo Grey with these wheels:

Also, a Civic Type R in a similar color with the same wheels:

Here's a link with more pictures of this Type R: 2019 Honda Civic Volk Te37 Saga Swift Spec-R Lowering Springs | Fitment Industries

So what do we think? Look to "ricer-y"/tacky? I think it looks kinda sexy. It's "subtly unique" like how I describe stealth gray.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
To each their own.

My two cents on this is its not gaudy.

Your RS already has the stance so it should compliment it nicely.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I’ve never been a fan of the mag blue colour in general so I’d say no. But any colour is better than black or silver

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve never been a fan of the mag blue colour in general so I’d say no. But any colour is better than black or silver
Yeah. I initially would've preferred bronze, but the more I look at the mag blue, the more it grows on me. It's not too bright, which is a plus. I'm not trying to roll around with bright yellow wheels or anything. Plus, I already have the matte black TE37s, so I think these would compliment them nicely. The matte blacks would most likely be relegated to autocross/track duty.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
For some reason the color combo reminds me of burnt titanium. I don't particularly like it, but I'm with Nick and 320, you do you and any color is better than the boring black/silver/gunmetal that everyone tends to run.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Your RS have accents of blue.

How blue it is it not outrageous, its subtle.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Wait, so you’re looking to get a SECOND set of te37’s??? God damn dude.

the mag blue would be a fine choice. The stealth grey can pull off almost any colour. id love a set in white with the neon-yellow stickers, but that’s me. The beautiful volk racing anodized dark bronze would be beautiful

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts

the mag blue would be a fine choice. The stealth grey can pull off almost any colour. id love a set in white with the neon-yellow stickers, but that’s me. The beautiful volk racing anodized dark bronze would be beautiful

That's what I said!

Balla!

You can't hide demmmm benjjies!

Me:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Haha! Well, I started looking for a second set of wheels, but I was pretty limited on choice for my ideal dimensions (18x9 +38). Wanted to stick with it since my current set up works perfectly, which pretty much left Titan 7 wheels, but I didn't like how the lips on those are bigger than your average wheel. Was looking at the Enkie NT03s, but I wasn't sure with them, as they poke 4mm more than my current Volks. But hey, I won't be the only one with 2 sets of Volks. Ain't that right, @RSPECTED ? They snatched up those bronze CE28Ns that I was contemplating months back. Haha!
That's what I said!

Balla!

View attachment 347132

You can't hide demmmm benjjies!

Me:

View attachment 347133
Haha! I'm just fake ballin'. "Fallin'" if you will. We'll be okay as long as nobody tells the wifey 🤣

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
All this wheel talk making me think...... but unfortunately the only kind of wheel I will consider are forged wheels.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All this wheel talk making me think...... but unfortunately the only kind of wheel I will consider are forged wheels.
Well, TE37s ARE mold-form forged. I might know where you can get a set of them in red... 😉

Reactions: BlakeS

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Well, TE37s ARE mold-form forged. I might know where you can get a set of them in red... 😉

ROFL! that made me laugh.

If I have a Race Red RS I'm all in!

I still do miss my Super Advan Racing V2 . 😥

·
Registered
2018 NB RS
7 Posts
Haha! Well, I started looking for a second set of wheels, but I was pretty limited on choice for my ideal dimensions (18x9 +38). Wanted to stick with it since my current set up works perfectly, which pretty much left Titan 7 wheels, but I didn't like how the lips on those are bigger than your average wheel. Was looking at the Enkie NT03s, but I wasn't sure with them, as they poke 4mm more than my current Volks. But hey, I won't be the only one with 2 sets of Volks. Ain't that right, @RSPECTED ? They snatched up those bronze CE28Ns that I was contemplating months back. Haha!

Haha! I'm just fake ballin'. "Fallin'" if you will. We'll be okay as long as nobody tells the wifey 🤣
If you email vivid racing they’ll do $2500 shipped for the te37’s they got in black, blue or red. They just quoted my boy that price 2 days ago. They’re like we got a deal for $3000 shipped and he’s like my budget is $2500. They said they’ll do $2500 shipped. They didn’t have bronze, so he didn’t buy them.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Usually I think wheels should stay black, white, or any naturally occurring color of metal. Silver, bronze, gold, copper...

But these look quite good on the grey. I say go for it!

·
Registered
379 Posts

lol. i too like you love te37. imo your wasting money on second set of te37. wrap or paint or powder or plasti the ones you have. i was lucky to get ce28. titan tr10 a nice option similar to ce28.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
He wanted a second set of wheels, one for street and one for track.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
in that case powder, spray, whatever te37 and buy tr10 for track
I was thinking about those Titan wheels as well. Not a fan of the lip, plus those wheels are also like $2k. So I figured, since I could get the Volks for a few hundo more, why not go all in for the real deal. Plus, that mag blue has really grown on me. Haha!

Reactions: RSPECTED
1 - 20 of 26 Posts