Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Haven't seen below 20, and that's with a lot of city driving. I just did a full tank on the freeway and hit upper 24 I think? Barely made it over 300 miles on a full tank.

I'll take the 3mpg hit I have over the old ST.

·
Registered
214 Posts
At the track I averaged about 6.5 MPG, I just drove about 1000 miles round trip to Virginia, all highway and averaged 26.5 MPG keeping the speed to 5 over the limit. I thought that was pretty good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Daily driving highway and city combine I get 23.5. Road trip 95% highway driving I get 25-28, if I somehow manage to stay within the speed limit, I sometimes can even get 30+.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
~22 mixed city/highway. I got 21.5 on a tank I really had fun with, but generally it's pretty good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
According to Fuelly, I'm averaging 19mpg on the last ten tanks. I'm guessing I'm at 50/50 for city and Highway. I was surprised on my 1700 mile roadtrip, I only hit a high of 24, and average 21 for quite a bit of it.

What I have noticed is that at highway speeds, like 65 and up, my speedo doesn't match my GPS. My speedo is slightly slow, make sme think I'm actually getting slightly more distance out of each tank. Just haven't done the math to figure out the actual distance. I'm running the Pilot Sport Cups.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
14.3 and falling! Lol.

Nearly all canyon and fun miles.

Reactions: SurfCfl

·
Registered
56 Posts
I drive 75 miles per day to work and back. If I obey the rules of the governing bodies, Ive seen 25mpg. Mostly, I drive the car like it was meant to in the mountains and pick my moments to and from work...seeing around 18mpg overall. Reset the trip prior to a mountain pass and realize around 12 to 14mpg which is probably inflated considering getting jammed up in traffic.

Good to see the 25 to 28mpg on the highway and also good to see 6.5mpg at the track!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I drive normal I generally get a 25mpg combined but mostly streets. The last few tanks I've had 28-29mpg. But thats not flooring it at all and AC off. Going essentially with the flow if traffic. This is also mostly city driving (90%)

·
Registered
224 Posts
18.3mpg all city 35 mph or less. I rarely make it off base when I do its 40mphbut still stop lights every 1/4 mile

Reactions: NitroBlueFTW

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Is this a miles per gallon thread? Miles gallon per? Per miles a gallon?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts