Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
crazy weather here ... -28c this morning and forecast is +4c tomorrow. If you think your RS has stiff suspension ...holy crap, try driving it at -28 !!! :hypnotysed: felt like it was welded solid.

·
Registered
518 Posts
crazy weather here ... -28c this morning and forecast is +4c tomorrow. If you think your RS has stiff suspension ...holy crap, try driving it at -28 !!! :hypnotysed: felt like it was welded solid.
Did that driving home last Sunday. There were a few spots on the highway where I had to look down and make sure I wasn't in the track suspension mode. Two hour drive home and the shift knob was still pretty frozen when it came time to get off the highway.

·
Registered
214 Posts
wait, I was driving during those days too, how come I didn't notice any change in suspension stiffness? do I have different shock oil or something? mine's bone stock though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
-9 F this morning. Train to work was delayed so I got to stand outside extra long :):)

·
Registered
555 Posts
wait, I was driving during those days too, how come I didn't notice any change in suspension stiffness? do I have different shock oil or something? mine's bone stock though.
Nope , mine is a stock 16, but I left it out that night so between the frozen Recaro , frozen shocks and my frozen ass .....It felt like a block of ice . I did soften up slightly after It warmed up , but not much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nope , mine is a stock 16, but I left it out that night so between the frozen Recaro , frozen shocks and my frozen ass .....It felt like a block of ice . I did soften up slightly after It warmed up , but not much.
hmmm weird, I parked outside too, guess my ass was just too frozen to feel the difference, only thing that didn't work right was the infotainment, but I'll have that checked out on another day.

one thing I might add, especially on days like those, the half heated seats really bother me, I still don't understand why only two thirds of the bottom and lower half of the back are heated and not the whole seat, like my butt and lower back would be warm while my upper back and the back side of my thighs would still be touching the ice cold seat. I haven't been in a lot of heated seats but I don't think this literally half-assed heating is a good design...

edit: unless plot twist and you tell me yours are fully heated which whould mean my seats' heating aren't working correctly...

·
5,582 Posts
It was boiling today.
Screenshot_2019-01-31-16-17-28.png

104F for you guys up north.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
It's not bad right now here:

a.jpg

It'll be raining by noon today. Californians don't know how to drive in the rain (typically).

To where my eldest sister is at:

b.jpg

It was like -53 yesterday there.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Heavy rain and thunderstorms this Southern California morning meant that there were three cars in a ditch and everyone was driving 15 below the limit on their bald all season tires. Living next to agricultural fields doesn't help since half the roads also have mud on them and people don't realize that they can slip on that too.

weather.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Heavy rain and thunderstorms this Southern California morning meant that there were three cars in a ditch and everyone was driving 15 below the limit on their bald all season tires. Living next to agricultural fields doesn't help since half the roads also have mud on them and people don't realize that they can slip on that too.

View attachment 322280
You just validated my previous comment. :encouragement:

161 - 180 of 214 Posts