Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime a M2, M3, or Audi RS3 passed by, I always love the way of the exhaust burbles sound they make.

My friend's Cayman GTS and MiniCooper JCW also have lots of burbles.

In our RS, what's the most economic way to get more (lots of) burbles from our exhaust? I am not talking about pops...just burbles.

Do I have to change the catback? or change a DP? or simply just a tune?

Cheers!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it sound differently between catted and catless?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
So first of all, our cars will never be Audi/bmw/whatever style burbles. They just are not set up like that. Whether you run exhausts, downpipe, tunes etc.

In my ST i ran mbrp exhaust w/ catless DP, burble tune etc. I run the same thing on the RS. It’s the closest you’re gonna get.

And my car

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Straight pipes, tune for burbles, but your best option is to go turboback (obviously not cheap)

Unfortunately, you'll be hard pressed to make this car sound like the ones you mentioned without a fair amount of effort and/or money

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is no such thing as German style burbles on the RS unless you go standalone ECU. Your choice is popcorn or gunshots and then the volume of those (catted vs catless, res vs no res, muffler vs no muffler)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'll go with a DP and see how it goes.

Besides the exhaust smell for catless, what's the different (sound-wise) between catted and catless?

·
Registered
167 Posts
cheapest way hmmmm record it from you tube and play it on your phone via carplay you can have Audi burbles, AMG burbles even Lambo burbles; the ocean is yours to fish lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts