Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently noticed this black plastic rectangular piece and have been using it to close my doors instead of touching the paint/b pillar. I've never seen this on any car before anybody else? If that's what it's for then thumbs up to Ford on this small add on. Thoughts?
IMG_8995.JPG

·
Registered
984 Posts
Could be a GPS tracking device installed by private investigator? :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
That is where the door edge protector comes out once the door is opened. Europe only. It pops out and laps over the door edge to protect it from contact with say wall, car, poll etc etc

·
Registered
360 Posts
@NZWINRZ

I think he's talking about above the latch mechanism, close to the interior door panel. I too have wondered what that approx. 3/4 in X 3 in piece is. I too use it, gently, to close my door so I avoid touching the stupid high gloss b-pillar piece.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That is where the door edge protector comes out once the door is opened. Europe only. It pops out and laps over the door edge to protect it from contact with say wall, car, poll etc etc

Why do you guys get all the coolest options? I love my car, but come on Ford, you're killing me.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Why do you guys get all the coolest options? I love my car, but come on Ford, you're killing me.
If we had all the cool European ****, that they get and we do not, the price would be a lot higher and people would complain it is too expensive for what it is, and it would fail here. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Be happy we don't get all that stuff, car would be much more expensive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If we had all the cool European ****, that they get and we do not, the price would be a lot higher and people would complain it is too expensive for what it is, and it would fail here. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Be happy we don't get all that stuff, car would be much more expensive.
No argument there. But that's why they offer option packages. I'm just glad we finally got the RS. They could have sold it as a stripper only, and probably still would have bought it. I just always laugh at Ford's "One World," cars.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I noticed it before, and I assumed it was so the car knew where your my key was, either inside of the car or just outside the door. If you have left the my key in the car and tried to lock it from the door handle it won't let you. I think this thing keeps track which side of the door it is on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts