Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my RS a month ago and today when I was about to leave work I noticed this...

All I know is it happened fairly recent because I washed my car about a week ago and that damage wasn't there.

·
Registered
528 Posts
May I ask how you’re liking the car overall? I’ve been in the market to buy one.... As far as that chip goes, is it possible that is was just a piece of debris kicked up from those sticky tires? Bad luck? IDK....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bummer man, i think @PokerRun388 nailed it. just did a little shopping today and I know you have some pretty specifics wants, but I'm always looking for you bud. Prices are sinking pretty fast.

Funny off topic side not, a dealer is selling a MY17 FW with 600 miles for $43k, I wanted to call them and troll them for fun, but figured they get laughed at a lot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just replied stone chips in my rear wheel wells, but they were nowhere near that bad. Definitely no metal damage like that.

It does look like the wheel damage might be related. Maybe rotated something up with the wheel?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have paint chips all on my fenders like that, but not bent. With that much damage to the wheel you think you’d see a scuff on the tire too

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
You've hit something sizeable like a 6' long piece of 2x4 or piece of a tree branch on the road or something similar right on the shoulder of the tire and it's deformed the tire damaged the rim and then been flicked up and into the wheel arch. You would have heard it thats for sure unless you're one of those people that drive around with the music volume way up.

Ciao

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May I ask how you’re liking the car overall? I’ve been in the market to buy one.... As far as that chip goes, is it possible that is was just a piece of debris kicked up from those sticky tires? Bad luck? IDK....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the car a lot, but I do admit that I thought it would have felt substantially more powerfully than the ST, don't get me wrong, it's definitely quicker but not dramatically. The gas mileage is absolutely worse. My insurance went up about $40 a month, which isn't terrible but it's something to consider. I do like that I never have to worry about tire spin and wheel hop when trying to take off real quick from a dead stop. Unlike the ST, the RS exhaust has a little bit of noise in the upper RPMs (and those pops sound awesome). The interior isn't much different than a ST3 but the seats being alcantara is much better for keeping you in place than all leather. I love the styling of the exterior, but obviously looks are subjective. I guess that's all I can say for now, if I think of more as I put more miles on I'll update ya.

You've hit something sizeable like a 6' long piece of 2x4 or piece of a tree branch on the road or something similar right on the shoulder of the tire and it's deformed the tire damaged the rim and then been flicked up and into the wheel arch. You would have heard it thats for sure unless you're one of those people that drive around with the music volume way up.

Ciao
The tire is fine, it's the way the sun is casting the shadow on it in that photo. But you could be right about what hit it, I'm so annoyed by this.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I like the car a lot, but I do admit that I thought it would have felt substantially more powerfully than the ST, don't get me wrong, it's definitely quicker but not dramatically. The gas mileage is absolutely worse. My insurance went up about $40 a month, which isn't terrible but it's something to consider. I do like that I never have to worry about tire spin and wheel hop when trying to take off real quick from a dead stop. Unlike the ST, the RS exhaust has a little bit of noise in the upper RPMs (and those pops sound awesome). The interior isn't much different than a ST3 but the seats being alcantara is much better for keeping you in place than all leather. I love the styling of the exterior, but obviously looks are subjective. I guess that's all I can say for now, if I think of more as I put more miles on I'll update ya.

The tire is fine, it's the way the sun is casting the shadow on it in that photo. But you could be right about what hit it, I'm so annoyed by this.
Yes I'm not saying the tire is damaged but you can see where the thing you hit has caused the tire to distort then the object has contacted the rim and damaged the paint on the rim.

Ciao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts