Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
81 Alfa GTV6. Wonderful melodious V6, second gear would engage smoothly as long as you allowed about 5 minutes slowly going from 1st to 2nd.

70something ? X1/9 that had a hot bug engine and transaxle. I remember whooping up on a Camaro with that POS馃檪
2006 Buell XB9SX, full Traxxion/Penske suspension, crazy loud exhaust etc.

2008 Duc Hyper 1100s.

71 914. Light, peppy (sorta) great brakes.

Little Triumph Spitfire. 70-80?

Mostly weird little clown cars, how bout you?

Registered
My supercharged svt focus. Loved that car and still miss it so much.

Also miss my dirtbike riding days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Wish I still had all of these:
2005 Mitsubishi Evo GSR
2008 Mitsubishi Evo GSR
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR (see a theme here?)
2005 Buell XB9SX
2009 Buell 1125CR
1996 Ducati 900SS SP

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Somebody else likes the v twins. Never drove a Evo but when I had my 08 Sti hatch, anytime you came across the Evo guys it was on. We had a 04 Wrx before that. Miss the Subies but we had issues with both of em

Registered
Evo>>>>>>>>>>>>>STI. If you love your RS, an Evo is even sharper and more raw. I have driven STIs from 2004 through 2015 and they were always duller feeling, slower steering, terrible broad unsupportive seats, etc. Not to mention EJ25 issues. Evos can support tons of hp on stock internals.

I had a 2002 WRX when the first came out. Two clutches and gearboxes in 20k miles so I got rid of it. Never once, in all the tons of cars and bikes I have owned, have I ever had any clutch or gearbox issues.

Oh, and heck yes to V-twins. Still have my 2000 Suzuki TL1000S that I never ride any more. And a 1991 Ducati 851 in pieces.

Registered
Miss my 1980 Ford fiesta. Lowered, built engine, dual Mikuni carburators. It was a blast.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Registered
My first car, a 1979 Dodge Colt...basically a rebadged Mitsubishi Mirage, but it had two stick shifts - the normal four speed manual with a second stick that shifted the entire transmission between high and low gears. It was basically an eight speed transmission! They made a turbo version in 1984 that a friend had...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Not mine but, my little brother owned it so the judges will allow it. 76 or 77? I think-series 1 Lotus Esprit. NA 2.2l 16 valve 4 banger. That thing was a blast to drive. Only 160hp but light little car. It felt like you were driving a gokart and it sounded like a dead ringer for Speed Racer鈥檚 Mach 5. It was black and I remember the roof was the same height as the side view mirrors on my brothers Saab. Fun car but it would likely get its ass handed to it by a Yaris

Registered
I love where we are at now, but I can鈥檛 help but feel nostalgia for the times when a 13 second 1/4 mile was fast for a road car. Cars these days are too fast for the speed limits. I absolutely loved my 91 Acura Integra, slow as it was.

Registered
Personally miss a lot of the cars I had in the past these are the ones I still think about. Almost everything was modified.
86 Buick T-Type (parents bought it new)
03 Mini Cooper S
06 Evo IX
88 Mustang Coupe with a 351w
82 Ford Ranger (302 and a 5 speed)

Two that I never owned but drove a lot.
64 Ford Truck 428SCJ 4 speed
84 Ford LTD (think MIB but metallic grey) 460 big block Ford One that I have wanted to build on my own for years.

Registered
I still have lots of my weirdo stuff such as:
1974 Mazda rotary engine pickup
1976 Suzuki re5 (rotary engine)
1993 Yamaha gts1000 (swing arm front end)

The stuff I had but miss includes:
1991 Mitsubishi Galant vr4
1987 Chevy Sprint turbo (1.0 liter 3 cylinder turbo, 72 HP and 1600lbs was pretty fun)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts