Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
They use to make waxes with a tint to it for white vehicles like red or pinkish. That was the one thing I hated about waxing a white car, had a Mark8 in pearl white and a MB 560 SEC. I would miss spots all the time only to have them be pointed out by random people :(.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If it's a daily driver then you'll want a sealant which last much longer and provides better protection than a wax. That being said, I'm pretty sure Chemical Guys makes a good wax for white paint called White Light.

·
Registered
86 Posts
+1 For Chemical Guys. I have been impressed with the products I've purchased. It does cost a little more, just make sure you add whatever free item to your cart, then put in the discount code and it will show up as free. OP, you might want to look out for their 4th of July sale.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If it's a daily driver then you'll want a sealant which last much longer and provides better protection than a wax. That being said, I'm pretty sure Chemical Guys makes a good wax for white paint called White Light.
White Light Glaze, then Jet Seal, then White Wax. That's my plan anyway. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just finished giving it my first personal wash. I remember how much I hate washing cars by hand. I also loved how the car looked halfway through. It very evident what had been washed and what hadn't been. I had already bought a Meguiars polymer wax that I am planning on trying. Iay end up addicted to the car cleaning which will mean more investment down the road. It is odd owning a non-silver metallic car.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I just finished giving it my first personal wash. I remember how much I hate washing cars by hand. I also loved how the car looked halfway through. It very evident what had been washed and what hadn't been. I had already bought a Meguiars polymer wax that I am planning on trying. Iay end up addicted to the car cleaning which will mean more investment down the road. It is odd owning a non-silver metallic car.
Hand washing your own car is a good way to keep yourself in love with it.

Not that it will be needed, but you grow a strong connection.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am going to need to find a covered car port and put on that ceramic coating. This is my daily and I have on street parking.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you use wax on a bright white the "warm glow" wax gives can tint the pure white look. Get a good clear sealant/glaze/etc to create a clear bright shine. I use Wolfgang products for this. Such a clear shine and the stuff lasts a long-long time. Even goes easy and comes off just as easy.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Best product I've used and still use on any color ( I currently have a 2016 pearl white Camry also for white reference) is Zaino. I won't use anything else. If used with Zaino ZFX which is a hardner/sealer it'll amaze you. The more coats you use the deeper it'll make the clear coat look. It gives a constant wet look.

Also you can apply it in direct sunlight if you want. You use such a small amount it lasts forever. You do the entire car, let it sit for 15-20 min and wipe it off. I've done my dads black Porsche in the sun and it was 102 degrees outside. It went on smooth and came off smooth. It's so easy you'll want to do like 2-3 coats in an evening.

Here is a link. They make a lot of great products but the link is for the starter kit.

Zaino Store : Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit

21 - 29 of 29 Posts