Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we all know, beyond the Focus there will be a Fiesta RS. We also know Ford is planning 12 new performance models for the next 5 years. Here's what we have so far:

1. Focus RS (woot!)
2. Mustang GT350/R
3. Fiesta RS
4. SVT Raptor
5. GT

Now, knowing Ford we can assume that at some point there will be a GT500 Mustang, so that leaves 6 spots for the remaining vehicles.

My question is, what model would you like to see get the Ford Performance treatment next?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My vote is for an Escape RS. Take the engine and drivetrain from the FoRS, along with the interior, braking, and tech upgrades. Then make the suspension setup more for offroading (adjustable ride height, etc.) with a more aggressive but offroad-purposed body kit. You wouldn't be able to make 'em fast enough for the cold climates.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You can most likely fill the remaining spots with a new SHO, a Fusion ST maybe RS, then there will mostly likely be a mini Raptor when the Ranger comes out. From there my only guess would be some sort of miata fighter and maybe a go fast edge or explorer

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So as we all know, beyond the Focus there will be a Fiesta RS. We also know Ford is planning 12 new performance models for the next 5 years. Here's what we have so far:

1. Focus RS (woot!)
2. Mustang GT350/R
3. Fiesta RS
4. SVT Raptor
5. GT
Do we know that there will be a Fiesta RS? I was dead set on the Fiesta ST until they announced the Focus RS and figured that I could settle for owning a Focus in return for what the RS had to offer. If a Fiesta RS is coming, I may need to make a call to my dealer...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can most likely fill the remaining spots with a new SHO, a Fusion ST maybe RS, then there will mostly likely be a mini Raptor when the Ranger comes out. From there my only guess would be some sort of miata fighter and maybe a go fast edge or explorer
I personally don't think Ford will be counting any ST model as one of these vehicles. I see it more as halo cars so to speak. But I can see what you're getting at with the Fusion RS, new SHO, fast Edge/Explorer, and Mini Raptor. As for the Miata fighter, I doubt it simply because Ford doesn't have a vehicle like that to base something off of, so that would involve creating an all-new (or extensively modifying an existing) platform. I also have it on fairly good authority that the 2.0L EcoBoost will be making its way into the next Escape anyway (various motoring publications and IHS), so maybe if that sells we could see an Escape RS. I like the idea of that as a winter car so my FoRS can sit in the garage when the snow comes.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Add the RS 500. I'm sure there will be atleast 500 of those lol.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do we know that there will be a Fiesta RS? I was dead set on the Fiesta ST until they announced the Focus RS and figured that I could settle for owning a Focus in return for what the RS had to offer. If a Fiesta RS is coming, I may need to make a call to my dealer...
I do believe it is coming, however I very much doubt that it will make its way here. At least at launch, that is. The FoRS has a market here because of the weather and the relative success of models like the STi and Evo, but Ford might be apprehensive about introducing a most-likely 30k Fiesta to our market right away. That and it would probably poach many sales of the Focus ST...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
OK, I'm going WAY off the map for this.

Go retro and make a "Maverick Grabber RS".
3b6c76763374f3daa246fcf8e08ddff6.jpg

Or reach out to the Aussies and build a new version of the Falcon. Maybe a "Falcon MFP RS", or "Interceptor RS".
tumblr_mq06syJ0hv1svzmsio1_500.jpg

You know, just knock off a little bit of the edge... make the blower and side pipes optional. :cool:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I do believe it is coming, however I very much doubt that it will make its way here. At least at launch, that is. The FoRS has a market here because of the weather and the relative success of models like the STi and Evo, but Ford might be apprehensive about introducing a most-likely 30k Fiesta to our market right away. That and it would probably poach many sales of the Focus ST...
Well if it's not AWD then I don't care. That's what I'm paying the additional $12k for. Holy crap, I'm paying $12k for AWD....

I need to rethink my life.

In other news, there is space in my garage for a mini Mustang roadster. I have Miatas and I need something to fight them with. Ford, if you fail to deliver then I guess I'll be forced to go through with my original plan to put a 1.6L Ecoboost in an Opel GT.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I'm going WAY off the map for this.

Go retro and make a "Maverick Grabber RS".
View attachment 3017

Or reach out to the Aussies and build a new version of the Falcon. Maybe a "Falcon MFP RS", or "Interceptor RS".
View attachment 3018

You know, just knock off a little bit of the edge... make the blower and side pipes optional. :cool:
Ya know, I could actually see Ford bringing the Falcon over here. GM seems to be doing well enough with the SS Sedan (still think they should've brought back the Chevelle name instead) and with the FoRS Ford is showing its not scared of attacking relatively small performance market niches in the US. I've also seen something of that description floating around IHS for the 2018+ MY.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Shocked, no one has mentioned the Pinto RS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts

1. Focus RS (woot!)
2. Mustang GT350/R
3. Fiesta RS
4. SVT Raptor
5. GT

Now, knowing Ford we can assume that at some point there will be a GT500 Mustang, so that leaves 6 spots for the remaining vehicles.

My question is, what model would you like to see get the Ford Performance treatment next?
An SUV to compete with the Jeep SRT, Cayenne, etc would be a logical move. Put a tuned version of the upcoming 400HP Ecoboost V6 (bespoke version planned for the 2017 Lincoln MKZ) in the Edge and you have an interesting start.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing them bring back 50's style thunderbird coupe. They have done a good job lately with the mustang and GT having similar body lines as their predecessors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fiesta for sure would be a riot.

What about a 4-cyl Mustang RS? Boost it til the test engines bend rods (then back it off a psi or two), use GTPP brakes and put poseur-crumpling suspension on it. Stick some cams in the GT so it can give the new SS a better run and open up a little window, marketing/acceleration-wise, you can stick this version into. Charge a bit more than the base GT, take down famous Germans around road courses, win awards, go home.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ya know, I could actually see Ford bringing the Falcon over here. GM seems to be doing well enough with the SS Sedan (still think they should've brought back the Chevelle name instead) and with the FoRS Ford is showing its not scared of attacking relatively small performance market niches in the US. I've also seen something of that description floating around IHS for the 2018+ MY.
Unfortunately the Falcon is dead...
No support from head office and a non-existent marketing team has killed the Falcon locally, and labour costs are too much to make any money exporting the beasts (or so the bean counters say)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Escape, Edge or Explorer performance variant.
It only makes sense to compete with other SUV performance variant in the market. Ie. Cherokee SRT8.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts