Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I won a mobile phone, back when they were all expensive. I entered a competition when my aunty was going in to get her car serviced. It was the old "write your name and details down on a piece of paper and stick it in the box".
About a month later a letter arrived informing me of the win. It was worth a lot. I share the same first name with my dad, who thought he won it even though he'd never gone to that mechanic.
It didn't matter in the end - there was no point in me arguing about it. The plans back then were something like $80 per month and then you had to pay a few dollars per minute of phone calls. I was 15 or thereabouts. No chance I'd be maintaining that!

Below is a pic with the "Slimline" battery. With the standard one I think you got a few hours' use out of it at best! But you could bludgeon someone to death with it. Win win.

Here's someone selling one for what I think it cost brand new (equivalent price now would be closer to $2K I reckon).

Attachments

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
$10 gift card from a Petrol station 76 by using their app to gas up rather than physically paying at cashier or pump two weeks ago.
You are our selected winner of some free gifts, please PM your name and address to me and I will get it sorted. Thanks for joining in.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts