Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
As mine is forged the dealer advised me to run Castro Edge Supercar

Reactions: NISMO_IX

Registered
2016 RS
For any Aussie guy's Penrite does a 0w40 that specifically lists LSPI as one of the things that this oil protects against.

Yes, it doesn't technically have the Ford approved spec but it meets everything else.

Been running it in mine for a while without issues (outside of unrelated oil consumption problem anyway 馃槄)

10 TENTHS PREMIUM 0W-40 (Full Synthetic) | Penrite Oil

Registered
For any Aussie guy's Penrite does a 0w40 that specifically lists LSPI as one of the things that this oil protects against.

Yes, it doesn't technically have the Ford approved spec but it meets everything else.

Been running it in mine for a while without issues (outside of unrelated oil consumption problem anyway 馃槄)

10 TENTHS PREMIUM 0W-40 (Full Synthetic) | Penrite Oil
I've also just bought a 20L bottle ready for next few changes 馃ぃ

Registered
What oil is everyone using and how much are you paying at your dealer?
I run Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5w50:
XO-5w50-QGT
(amazon, $147 for 12qt)
Motorcraft filter:
FL400S
(amazon, $6 ea.)
The 400S filter increases the total oil change capacity from 5.7Qt. to 6.0 Qt. - Top of crosshatch for me, once engine is warm and has sat to refill pan.
I also change my oil every 3k, got tired of nasty valves and spun bearings from the past :rolleyes:

Premium Member
2016 Focus RS2
To be honest, I don't remember my last oil change. I've just passed 12,000 mi on my 2016 RS. I always just go to the Ford Dealership and get what they recommend. I think I may be coming up on my third change later this year.馃し鈥嶁檪锔

21 - 31 of 31 Posts