Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Coming from experience, you may want to search thread topics on oil. I don't want to be that guy but there is going to be a huge variety and who is right or wrong and there are many threads here on this topic.

Current oil prices are/were high last time I checked. Pay to play I guess, you want good protection, you pay good money. Just my opinion.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Where mortals FEAR to tread! :LOL:

I've been having my oil/filter changed at the dealer since I got my RS [:censored: Rhino "low profile" ramps are too tall to get this pavement scraping RS on them without blowing out my splitter---just bought some Eastwood Racing Ramps to get myself back in the game]. The dealer (whose Heritage Edition Ford GT is getting old and he needs a new one) has been charging me just under $18/qt for the 5w-50 full synthetic specified in our manuals (and they've been stickin' it to me on filters too)!

Anyway; the Eastwoods will get me back in business this spring. Per our manual; I'll use a full synthetic SN, SN+, or SP rated oil. I'm not picky about which brand as long as it meets OEM standards (payed just over $11/qt for the 5w-50 SN rated Mobil 1 I'm using to keep my RS topped off with). Some top of the line filter of whatever brand will do me fine.

Good luck with whatever you go with!

· Registered
2,607 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
motorcraft 5w50.. rock auto ships quick and usually has deals on oil.
Dang! Didn't know they sold oil.
About half of what my stealership has been charging for the Motorcraft. Thanks for the tip; +1!
Gotta talk to the guys at the chain store and see what they'll charge for a case of that or the Mobil 1.

· Registered
367 Posts
Dang! Didn't know they sold oil.
About half of what my stealership has been charging for the Motorcraft. Thanks for the tip; +1!
Gotta talk to the guys at the chain store and see what they'll charge for a case of that or the Mobil 1.
I've ordered from them in the past. Best price is through them, online anyway.

Currently, RedLine that meets Ford Spec, their 5W50 is $16.97 a quart.... $203 a case. Ouch!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts