Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on what we can and can't turn off in this car? I'm guessing turning off nannies like traction control and such will be difficult because of how the AWD system is setup. I'm curious as to what the different drive modes entail as far as things turning off or being less intrusive and can whether or not we can come close to turning everything off at the track except for the AWD system itself?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone have any info on what we can and can't turn off in this car? I'm guessing turning off nannies like traction control and such will be difficult because of how the AWD system is setup. I'm curious as to what the different drive modes entail as far as things turning off or being less intrusive and can whether or not we can come close to turning everything off at the track except for the AWD system itself?
I'm wondering if you can lock it in at 50/50 front to rear, or shift it Forward or Rear depending on the application. It should be capable of doing that, but will it be built into the stock software or...?

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if you can lock it in at 50/50 front to rear, or shift it Forward or Rear depending on the application. It should be capable of doing that, but will it be built into the stock software or...?
I'm pretty sure this is a definite no from everything I've read from the GKN engineer.

·
Registered
520 Posts
In the prototype videos when Block was hooning the RS around the track, they said the ESP and VSC systems were disabled. So I'm guessing those as usual. Plus, I read on this site Everything You Need to Know About the 2016 Ford Focus RS that dealers may be able to reprogram the auto start/stop so that the system is off by default at start up, which would be a plus as I dislike start/stop. The car also doesn't even come with all those downright obnoxious nannies for people who can't (and shouldn't) drive like radar cruise control, blind spot monitoring, or collision alert.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is a definite no from everything I've read from the GKN engineer.
I'm sure that's what BorgWarner said when they first released Haldex too...here's to hoping the RS' system can be controlled like haldex.

In the prototype videos when Block was hooning the RS around the track, they said the ESP and VSC systems were disabled. So I'm guessing those as usual. Plus, I read on this site Everything You Need to Know About the 2016 Ford Focus RS that dealers may be able to reprogram the auto start/stop so that the system is off by default at start up, which would be a plus as I dislike start/stop. The car also doesn't even come with all those downright obnoxious nannies for people who can't (and shouldn't) drive like radar cruise control, blind spot monitoring, or collision alert.
I hate stop start, but I my current car has blind spot sensors and I actually like them because they are speed dependent on top of being location dependent. So if someone is flying up next to me they will come on well before the person is right behind me. Also, I used to swear off adaptive cruise control, but after riding in a friends S6 I wish I had gotten it in mine. It works really well and you can adjust how "aggressive" the system is. So basically on the most aggressive setting it will back up to speed very quickly if it needs to slow down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Chrisp
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing