Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Julian From Vivid Racing Personally, I am a very big fan of Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve I love when I release of the gas pedal, and it holds the release note for a couple of seconds that's my main go to for a blow-off valve for the focus Rs! What about you, what design and brand do you desire and why?

Video Link - Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve to and i love it

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the mountune recirc valve and it sounds pretty good as well. I really want the CPe Exhale kit though... Does any one on the forum have one? I'd love to hear a sound clip of it.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Anything recirculated back into the intake so I don't hear it 24/7.

Reactions: XRJoe

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I forget the manufacturer but my friend had one that was a combination of recirc valve and blow off valve. It would only blow off at high load and you could adjust the point where it blows off instead of recirculates. I don't want to hear it all the time but it's cool some of the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love to put a Synapse Synchronic on there, but they don't currently make a kit for the RS. I considered going with the CPE pipe and using a Tial adaptor, but I'm waiting to see there's enough clearance for it in the RS. I've only seen one ST with a Synapse BOV on it, and it responded crazy quickly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
OEM or Mountune. No need IMO for an obnoxious BOV, even with an upgraded turbo. The design of the BPV being mounted on the compressor makes it incredibly efficient. Dumping to atmosphere just negates the engineered design.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would love to put a Synapse Synchronic on there, but they don't currently make a kit for the RS. I considered going with the CPE pipe and using a Tial adaptor, but I'm waiting to see there's enough clearance for it in the RS. I've only seen one ST with a Synapse BOV on it, and it responded crazy quickly.
Synapse rock I had one on my evo but they take a huge amount of space, it's really a problem for most cars don't know about the RS tough (edit: now that I think about it mine was recirculating nvm)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Synapse rock I had one on my evo but they take a huge amount of space, it's really a problem for most cars don't know about the RS tough (edit: now that I think about it mine was recirculating nvm)
Synapse makes fantastic stuff! They aren't talked about as much as Tial or HKS, but their products are quality. Glad I'm not the only one who knows about them!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have a question which is probably really basic and stupid but I am not sure of the answer, hence I must ask. I want to change the BOV in my RS, just for the sound. I love having the whoosh sound. I do not want to do any other performance mods to my car. Would putting a BOV affect performance in any way or be bad for the engine if I do not change any other components? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have a question which is probably really basic and stupid but I am not sure of the answer, hence I must ask. I want to change the BOV in my RS, just for the sound. I love having the whoosh sound. I do not want to do any other performance mods to my car. Would putting a BOV affect performance in any way or be bad for the engine if I do not change any other components? Thank you.
No issues at all on the RS mainly because it's map as apposed to maf

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
Tial Q 50mm

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Sorry to bump the thread, I have a Ford Performance one.

Contemplating replacing the recirc with a BOV.

But I don't want it too obnoxious.

On my Evos if you have a metal OEM valve, you can still hear it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts