Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used 2017 Focus RS the other day and I somehow missed this when I bought it, it was tucked under the driver seat. There's a cable running under the panel in the driver's footwell. No marks on it that I could find anything off of, anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Automotive lighting Finger Gadget Automotive exterior Bumper
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle

·
Premium Member
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting... so it's just remapping fuel mixture? Digging around it looks like the previous owner had a cobb accessport on it as well, what would be the advantage of running both of these?

·
Registered
909 Posts

Why use the OEM drive modes when you add this device and press it instead? 10% faster “acceleration”…

·
Registered
909 Posts
Interesting... so it's just remapping fuel mixture? Digging around it looks like the previous owner had a cobb accessport on it as well, what would be the advantage of running both of these?
No. The only thing it does is change the percent of throttle requested for a given amount of pedal input.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I can see it being useful if it allowed you to make the throttle input more linear. Basically use it in the opposite way that it was intended.
If you have a COBB thing a tuner can make a linear throttle transfer function for you just by copying the corresponding table from the Normal mode to the Sport mode. In Sport mode there is indeed a modest bump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts