Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen 3/36k, 5/60k, and I even saw someone post 100k on the drivetrain. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone taking extended warranties?

They asked me if I wanted to extend my warranty, the best answer I have found so far: «If you want to sell me a bunch of extended warranties, it's because you don't trust the car you're trying to sell me»

Reactions: spudo

·
Registered
561 Posts
I won't bother. This thing will be modified long before factory warranty is probably even expired. Extended warranty would be torture waiting haha.

·
Registered
320 Posts

They asked me if I wanted to extend my warranty, the best answer I have found so far: «If you want to sell me a bunch of extended warranties, it's because you don't trust the car you're trying to sell me»
I plan to. But I'm also staying stock (or plan to at least haha). If your intent is to modify, there would be no point in getting it.

·
Registered
334 Posts

I was thinking I might take an extended warranty on the clutch if they'll have something like that available. A friend of mine had a 6 year warranty on the clutch on his FR-S. I feel like that could be a handy warranty.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'll go extended warranty and go with ford backed mountune products. Maybe a custome tune after warranty is up if it's worth the extra power.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Custom tune will be insane on this car if you get an E85 tune. Turbo + E85 = win.

OT: I'll probably get an extended warranty from my credit union. They are MUCH cheaper and have already covered over 5k in costs on my other vehicles.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Custom tune will be insane on this car if you get an E85 tune. Turbo + E85 = win.

OT: I'll probably get an extended warranty from my credit union. They are MUCH cheaper and have already covered over 5k in costs on my other vehicles.
hmmm....I'm interested in this. I'll be getting an extended warranty, however, any idea if it would cover Mountune?
What credit union?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Baxter Credit Union. I'm from Vernon Hills Fr33dive, so BCU isn't that far from you.

From what I can gather, a tune from Mountune should not void the warranty. However, I wouldn't think they would supply E85 tunes, but I could be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts