Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
It all depends on your budget. If you go full bolt-ons and E-30 or meth injection you'll max out at 400 WHP with the stock turbo. If your shooting for 500 WHP figure on spending $30,000 to do it right or $15,000 if you can do all the labor.

Reactions: fbaltona

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Its more than just a matter of "Pump Gas", or "Boost".

A lot of how much timing or boost you can run is dependent on the temperature of the intake charge.

A larger turbo can produce less heat at the same flow-rate and pressure. So the intake charge is cooler, denser, and less prone to detonation.

A small turbo pushed to its limits is will produce mad amounts of heat, which reduces the density of the charge because its hotter, and thus more prone to detonation.

So, you could step up from the stock turbo to a larger turbo, give up some boost threshold, but overall make more power at the same pressure because the turbo isn't heating the intake charge up as much.

So, if you are limiting yourself to a "stock" car, then the limit is different than a "Bolt-on" car, and again different from a "bolt-on + aftermarket turbo" car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New to the group and just wanted to get some opinions. I have a 2018 RS that I would like to get more power out of. It currently has a full mountune intake, recirculation valve, cold intercooler piping, colder plugs, catback, and tuned on 100 octane by randy from mountune. My latest dyno my car made 356 whp and 396 wtq on a dyno dynamics dyno. Thanks!
Hi Jeremy,
You have good power, maybe look into water methanol injection or if you have access to E30, that could be a good option. I have seen ppl getting 390whp with meth and 378whp on 93 octane fuel only.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts