Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me it's really just the turning circle. It annoyed the crap out of me in tight parking areas with my old ST, and things don't look to be much better with this generation.

MagneRide would have been cool

·
5,586 Posts
I have thought about this long and weight/mass is a big issue for me. I really wish they could aim for 1270-1399kg.

I can only assume that the extra kg are for safety devices but still 1520kg sweet jebus that's massive bloat and on the track you gonna burn lots of rubber..

·
5,586 Posts
You will be quite pleased to know that the RS AWD system is not like the Haldex system. The VW Haldex was literally benchmarked by Ford as an example of handling they did not want.
It may not be like haldex but it definitely shares the same core functionality. I would call it v2 haldex but Ford trying to steer clear of the name to avoid VW synonyms.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It may not be like haldex but it definitely shares the same core functionality. I would call it v2 haldex but Ford trying to steer clear of the name haldex to avoid VW synonyms.
"Core functionality"? About the only similarity between the VW Haldex and the GKN Twinster is that they both provide drive to the rear wheels. One might rightly argue that the latest generation of Haldex no longer needs wheel slip to activate; but mechanically, literally everything they do, they do differently. As far as the Twinster being Haldex V2.0....well, there's just no polite way to say it....that's preposterous in every way. The only system sharing the Twinster type mechanicals would be the Acura SH-AWD.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I don't like that the RS has to go to a dealer before it comes to me. Particularly the Service area with the crew laying their beady eyes on it, that glow to red and rub their hands together chanting 'pops and burbles' in unison in a slow zombie manner, firing it up and revving the nuts out of it............:mad:

·
Registered
965 Posts
For me it's really just the turning circle. It annoyed the crap out of me in tight parking areas with my old ST, and things don't look to be much better with this generation.

MagneRide would have been cool
Wow 1.8 vs 2.5 steering, lock to lock. That is a big difference. Better get use to swinging the back around. I do wish I had MagneRide instead of ADM. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow 1.8 vs 2.5 steering, lock to lock. That is a big difference. Better get use to swinging the back around. I do wish I had MagneRide instead of ADM. lol
I don't mind the slower lock-to-lock (I prefer a fixed steering ratio anyway). It's the 39ft turning circle that gets me

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My 08 STi turns in sharply with a 36' turning circle. I hope The RS cuts the cheese here, but I would forgive it because it's 10x better than my modded STi.

image.jpg

Now I wonder what a modded RS will do! I'm kinda expecting it to change the earths rotation or something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm extremely disappointed that we don't get the tinted windows, parking sensors and power folding mirrors that the Euro version gets. Also, why there's no auto-dimming mirror boggles my mind. Finally, the lack of BLIS kinda bothers me, but not as bad as the others.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Two more gripes, that came to my attention later.

No bulging fenders like on previous gen...

and no cross drilled rotors? Come on, my 11 year old Benz has them. They better be inexpensive when it comes time to replace them.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Few complaints about the shifter being offset to the right, in the Australian cars(RHD) it is offset to the left, maybe you can get a RHD shifter trim and mounting and retro fit into your LHD cars??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have to say I'm very excited for the RS to finally make it US shores!
A few things I'm not excited about:
-The hideous glossy Sony looking stack.
-Windshield wipers! Why can't Ford use unidirectional wipers?? Focus wipers look and operate like they're stolen from a Dodge Caravan!
-ANNOYING Ford door chimes! Hopefully that can be disables or changed.

Having said that, this car has amazing presence and once I get my hands on a Frozen White RS2 I may just forget about some of the above.:smug:

·
Registered
558 Posts
-Windshield wipers! Why can't Ford use unidirectional wipers?? Focus wipers look and operate like they're stolen from a Dodge Caravan!
WTF? You mean they don't move in parallel but in opposite directions? How is this possible with the big overlap they must have on that gigantic windscreen? Have to check a video...,<done> OMG that is awful...:upset:

41 - 60 of 585 Posts