Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
I looked at a few Alfa's - REALLY liked the quadrofolio, that engine on full boost is fabs and solid handling. The limited dealer network gave me some pause after my experience with a BMW M car though.

I really needed a better commuter car, so I bought a Fiesta ST, which is a riot to drive, gets great MPG, and was cheap too. Plus, seems I cant go any direction for more than 50 miles without running into a Ford dealer. That also lead to updating the wife to an Edge ST.
I love the FiST, so much so I went looking for the one I sold to get the RS so I can buy it back since I recently got a promotion and a $9k/yr bump in base salary. I don't have space for it because of the RS but I'll figure it out 😁

Just to throw my two cents in, all the Alfas are gorgeous. I'd be nervous depending on one as a daily but since it will be one of 3 cars I say go for it! Hell I'd even consider the Stelvio purely for the looks even though I don't need all the space.

· Registered
205 Posts
Just received a companion to my 2017 RS, a 2022 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L Hi Performance Option and MagiRide options. When I get 3000 miles or so, I take it to the track and compare it with the RS on the track. Appears very stable on the road when pushed a bit...will be interesting in coming time at the track. will keep ya posted.
Interested to hear what you think. The tests I've read say it handles better than the V-8's thanks to 200lbs less weight over the front wheels. Saw a very fast highly modded one at a track day a couple of years ago but he was having overheating issues.

· Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have not looked at reliability or maintenance of this vehicle. If you have and you really want it, then I say go for it. The RS is a great car but I think most people would agree the Porsche is superior in just about every way. I recently traded in my RS and while I loved it and have fond memories of it, I do not regret it as the car I got is an upgrade. I just did a ton of research and knew that I really wanted it. Similar to when I upgraded from my Fiesta ST to the Focus RS. I liked that car a lot but never regretted the decision because I had something better and still fun. I think if you have the means and you want it and are comfortable with the decision then you should go for it. How much longer are fun cars going to be around before everything becomes electric and autonomous? May as well enjoy what you can while it’s still around.
I don't see the Panamera going away of for a while.

I'd really love the Sport Turismo for a true wagon, but those are still holding much higher prices. I'm okay with the regular Panamera because its still a hatch-back in that sense.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts