Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I think this is probably the best place for this post?

Anyway, does anyone have any educated opinions or insight on what brand fuel is good and what to avoid?

I have a lot of Sunoco stations where I live, and I travel the PA turnpike out to western PA and Sunoco is the brand.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

-Joe

·
Registered
334 Posts
Does brand of gas really make that much of a difference? I was pretty sure that most gas stations independently bought their had from the same couple of sources in each given region.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I've ALWAYS used Chevron in my Raptor, and plan on doing the same in my RS.

It's got the cleaners that valves crave!

Any top-tier gas should be fine though.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyway, does anyone have any educated opinions or insight on what brand fuel is good and what to avoid?

I have a lot of Sunoco stations where I live, and I travel the PA turnpike out to western PA and Sunoco is the brand.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

-Joe
I use sunoco religiously. Or shell. 93 always. I first got my st and was using whatever 93 but I immediately noticed my car ran like **** without using one of those 2. It's definitely noticeable

·
Registered
895 Posts
Here in Australia we get 91, 95 and 98 octane, the Aus spec cars are designed for 95 but I will run it on 98, basically the 3 98's we have here are BP Ultimate, Shell V-power and Mobil Synergy 8000, I have found Synergy 8000 to be excellent but hard to come by, I try to use V-power as the car feels more responsive when using it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I currently own a 2009 Pontiac G8-GT (for sale-, a car rated for 91 octane it runs fine on 87 octane but recently I switched to SHELL 93 Octain,THEIR PREMIUM.The change in performance, throttle response, mileage increase are phenominal.I can't say enough good things try a tankful it is that good .My wife uses SHELL in her 1.4 turbo Chevrolet CRUZ.AGAIN throttle response,mileage are markedly improved. I do not work for SHELL .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input guys. I have heard Sunoco uses more alcohol? Not sure if it matters. I used Sunoco in my supercharged Tacoma and it seemed to be quality fuel. I dunno, I guess just stick to the major brands and regularly used stations. Just want to make sure I am putting the best into the RS!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey guys,

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

-Joe
As j0shm1lls said, any of these should be trustworthy. I try to stick with the newer stations of these as well.

Top Tier Gasoline

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
When you plug in your access port and check the oar you'll know just how good the fuel is. This forum will become a huge help to guys who have no experience with ecoboost engines. the cavalry will come, don't worry

·
Registered
315 Posts
I put Mobil at a local gas station, because it is currently the CHEAPEST premium gasoline that is Top Tier. It is even cheaper than the non Top Tier (ex. SevenEleven gas).

Please enlighten us on OAR for those that have Access Port, which fuel was the best and cheapest at the same time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Subaru guys swear up and down by Shell, I've used them when I had the Ralliart and the S4, at worst i'll do BP, but nothing like 7-11 gas, or the likes :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Why oh why can I ONLY get 91? THANKS OBAMA, umm I mean, THANKS CALIFORNIA.

·
5,582 Posts
BP ultimate 98

·
Registered
460 Posts
Shell 100 V-Power. It makes a tiny bit of difference on my Megane in comparison to 98, as in the Engine is more Rev-Friendly and sounds better. So Ill just stick to it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's usually also a good idea also to stick to gas stations that are busy. The gas doesn't sit in the tanks underground near as long as gas stations that are slow, and busy gas stations always get refills which will stir up anything that does sit on the bottom, where slower gas stations don't get refilled as much so there is more accumulation on the bottoms of the tanks.
My boyfriend owns a Cobalt SS, and he has always used Shell gas also. It seems to run the best, and Hhs tach's get angry at him if he ends up getting some 'bad' gasoline lol.
As others have said earlier though, pretty much any top tier gas station is a safe bet.

·
Super Moderator
15,334 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
52 Participants
focus pilot
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing