Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm looking at a few different exhausts and trying to decide which one to get.

Without Flap:
Borla Atak
ETS Extreme
Mountune V2x

With Flap:
Ford Performance (same as Borla S-Type but with Flap)
Mountune V2

Does anyone have any input or opinions on the ones I've been considering so far. One of the larger decisions is to keep flap or go with no flap, and then picking a specific one from there.
Also, does anyone have any info about the Mountune V3 exhaust. The UK website only sells the V3, and the US website only sells the V2 and V2x. So if I ended up picking mountune with flap, I wasn't sure if there were any differences between the V2 and the V3 other than the fact that the V3 has the tips as separate pieces. Mountune (both US and UK) support weren't helpful in providing any details explaining any differences.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I kind of regret it now, but I passed on a deal last year for a new Remus for $1400 shipped. I told myself the money was going to go towards a miata project but I still don't have the miata. The Remus sounds so good in clips might have to hit the guy up again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea man i was dead set on ordering the ford/borla exhaust bc of the “zero drone”.....did some more research and actually found out that in europe, ford parts uk, actually sells the remus on the official website which led me to believe that remus (like borla) had a partnership. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
My dealer lists Borla S, and ATAK in there Performance parts options. This is huge to me. If by chance you’d start getting dash lights, or who knows what...you’re kinda still inbounds. They also say the fit on the RS is real good with quality to match.
This is a tuff choice nonetheless. A friend installed a Roush, she hates it and cobbled in a resonator.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dealer lists Borla S, and ATAK in there Performance parts options. This is huge to me. If by chance you’d start getting dash lights, or who knows what...you’re kinda still inbounds. They also say the fit on the RS is real good with quality to match.
This is a tuff choice nonetheless. A friend installed a Roush, she hates it and cobbled in a resonator.
Any option after the catalytic converter will not give you a CEL

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Any option after the catalytic converter will not give you a CEL
Thank you. I was told a mech. believed the light on a friends car was due to eliminating the flapper. I’m encouraged now. Seriously leaning toward the Borla S

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thank you. I was told a mech. believed the light on a friends car was due to eliminating the flapper. I’m encouraged now. Seriously leaning toward the Borla S
Disconnecting the exhaust flap will result in the "engine mode unavailable" alert, but no CEL. If deleting the flap the new exhaust should come with the terminator anyway. My AWE did, you can also get them on eBay. I have heard good things about Borla and heard other model cars with them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Disconnecting the exhaust flap will result in the "engine mode unavailable" alert, but no CEL. If deleting the flap the new exhaust should come with the terminator anyway. My AWE did, you can also get them on eBay. I have heard good things about Borla and heard other model cars with them.
Easy...

Just get an exhaust defeat; disconnect the wire & clip this in place.

GrimmSpeed Exhaust Valve Simulator

RS Exhaust Valve Defeat

I wrapped it all up in electrical tape to "waterproof" it and zip-tied it up & away on.

So I reached in my OE exhaust and have the flap open all-the-time regardless of drive mode I'm in....

·
Registered
95 Posts
AWE Track here and as I said before...it sounds aboslutely amazing BUT the drone on decel is pretty loud/droney and then anything above 70-75ish on the highway has lots of drone. I like loud, so this is ok, but would be a huge turnoff for some.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sadly there's only 3 or 4 USA dealers that are listed on Scorpion's website... At least on my computer- can get the "retail" pricing for an RS exhaust.....

Scorpion Dealer Locator

And there has been multiple issues with FocusRShop in other posts dealing with shipping & non-communication issues that I won't order from them.

How much did it cost you $$$ for your exhaust?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Sadly there's only 3 or 4 USA dealers that are listed on Scorpion's website... At least on my computer- can get the "retail" pricing for an RS exhaust.....

Scorpion Dealer Locator

And there has been multiple issues with FocusRShop in other posts dealing with shipping & non-communication issues that I won't order from them.

How much did it cost you $$$ for your exhaust?
I got mine at Kaizen Tuning. (good info in this link)

Come to find out they have gone out of business. You are correct the only two places listed are the Focus RS shop and ECS Tuning. ECS has the price on their site if you search by part number. Here is a link to he valved.

You can see all the options available on the Scorpion Site. I went with the valved with black tips.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did a track session up in Washington this summer and my wife said my non-valved Scorpion exhaust was the only exhaust she could hear when I was on the back-half of the track.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts