Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What's causing the delays?

• It's gotta be that fancy, smancy new RDU!

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Some corporate stiff didn't like the vibrations or noises the car makes.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Pushing 350 HP through the motor is causing it to fail too soon.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • They figured out they need a stronger clutch for that much AWD power.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • It's something else! I'll explain below...

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, by now most are aware build dates have moved back from what the plan was a few weeks ago. Even those who are close to those in the know have said it's being kept really quiet. So what do you think is causing the delays?

There has been mentioned of an NVH (Noise, Vibrations Harshness) issue on other forums. Some have speculated that the RDU is causing issues, which is a easy target since it's new. Some have mentioned it's a reliability issue, perhaps related to tuning...

My thinking is a reliability issue related to the clutch. Here's where I am going with it.... With the STs and the last few RSs Ford has had the traction issue of FWD to help relieve the strain on the clutch... you loose traction before the clutch loses grip. But with the new RS, there is enough tire grip that I think the clutch becomes the next weak point. Especially when launching. I know in the Evo X world, it's just a foregone conclusion that you'll be replacing the clutch before your warranty is up if you launch the car even once.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Fuel related issues, valve/injector carbon, fuel pumps failing to keep rail pressure after 30k. The system from the stang doesnt have enough headroom for the rs. We're going to get a better in tank pump and higher output hpfp

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
I blame Gremlins:

Keeping my sanity through humor.

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
There is no delay according to a source at the Detroit Auto Show : NO DELAY
Even by his own statement there us a delay if they start production next week when they said Jan 4th originally?
Well, by now most are aware build dates have moved back from what the plan was a few weeks ago. Even those who are close to those in the know have said it's being kept really quiet. So what do you think is causing the delays?

There has been mentioned of an NVH (Noise, Vibrations Harshness) issue on other forums. Some have speculated that the RDU is causing issues, which is a easy target since it's new. Some have mentioned it's a reliability issue, perhaps related to tuning...

My thinking is a reliability issue related to the clutch. Here's where I am going with it.... With the STs and the last few RSs Ford has had the traction issue of FWD to help relieve the strain on the clutch... you loose traction before the clutch loses grip. But with the new RS, there is enough tire grip that I think the clutch becomes the next weak point. Especially when launching. I know in the Evo X world, it's just a foregone conclusion that you'll be replacing the clutch before your warranty is up if you launch the car even once.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
50 Participants
DeltaT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing