Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been subscribed to Sarah's channel for a long time now. She's a really good technician, who knows her stuff. She knows how to repair cars the right way. She also happens to do some car reviews. I like her car reviews, because they are fact-based, but also sprinkled with lots of humor and just downright cuteness! I believe she gave this car a pretty favorable review. She did mention that she had watched a lot of other reviews of this car and wanted to do a little something different than all the others. One thing that she got right was the "fun factor" and the performance nature of this car. She rates performance on a "bean" score of one to five beans. She gave this car three beans, which was higher than I thought she was going to give it. You Tube is supposed to be about good content and entertainment value; and Sarah does great on both.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've watched a handful of her videos of the last few years. She seems to know what she is talking about, but that airhead girl act she puts on at times is just annoying as it comes off as completely fake.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah the whole airhead thing kind of annoys me. Maybe she's trying to be cute or something but I definitely don't like that part about her reviews. I've watched a few of her reviews and definitely enjoy her perspectives. She's a character no doubt about that. I enjoy any reviews with women Technicians. For myself, it's always refreshing to see women in Trades but most men seem to not be able to get over it and constantly slobber over them or just treat them like crap.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yeah the whole airhead thing kind of annoys me. Maybe she's trying to be cute or something but I definitely don't like that part about her reviews. I've watched a few of her reviews and definitely enjoy her perspectives. She's a character no doubt about that. I enjoy any reviews with women Technicians. For myself, it's always refreshing to see women in Trades but most men seem to not be able to get over it and constantly slobber over them or just treat them like crap.
Same. I've actually been watching her videos for a while now and have been following her other projects (MR2, SVT Focus, etc.). Definitely think its an "act" to keep the viewers happy. She definitely knows her way around mechanical things (I think she used to be an aircraft tech?) but the outfits (I seriously can't take anybody, male or female, working on a car with that much skin showing seriously) and the air head comments and "sillyness" feels forced. Have to admit though, that was the same reason I clicked in the first place, so I'm a pig just like everyone else...lol

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
She is "decent" looking but always with the skirt. It's just another you-boob person trying to make a career out of it and pulling every little trick they can for clicks and subscriptions. There are so many of these channels who have quit their professional careers they'd be screwed if this deal ever changes. One channel, he pumps out like 2 videos per day and is all about quantity over quality. Many of the vehicles he doesn't even drive!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
She is "decent" looking but always with the skirt. It's just another you-boob person trying to make a career out of it and pulling every little trick they can for clicks and subscriptions. There are so many of these channels who have quit their professional careers they'd be screwed if this deal ever changes. One channel, he pumps out like 2 videos per day and is all about quantity over quality. Many of the vehicles he doesn't even drive!
Yep, just all the monetization tricks to get clicks, watch time, subs etc. to keep it going. If you've watched her older videos, you can see some glimmers of frustrations and times where she didn't want to keep going.

·
Registered
260 Posts
She is "decent" looking but always with the skirt. It's just another you-boob person trying to make a career out of it and pulling every little trick they can for clicks and subscriptions.
Along with the airhead thing I mentioned, her early videos all had some sort of cleavage in the thumbnail... I guess I'm not some horny young guy anymore, as that killed any chance I was going to watch any of her videos lol It was obvious that she was just trying to bait guys into clicking, so I pretty much ignored every video of hers that popped up in my recommendations with a thumbnail like that. I just get annoyed with all the clickbait and other tricks the youtubers use to manipulate people into clicking, so I pass over the obvious bait.

When I finally did watch some of her videos as the topic was something I was researching I ran into the airhead routine... which was almost sad that someone who is obviously intelligent would try to act like an idiot to play some sort of character.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
This is the 1st time I’ve ever seen Sarah. We will never know if her attire is for ratings or maybe that’s her style. Her sense of humor reminds me of...me. My wife thought it was cute at first, that has given way to threats. Her critique of the RS was accurate in my opinion. I really enjoyed her launch control! It reminded me of...me. Anyway, thank you for bringing her to my attention. My wife is a “tomboy” so I enjoy seeing a woman in a “man’s job” That can be a tough game, for many reasons.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I enjoy her videos, they are definitely different than others out there. I don't think she's airheaded, she's just quirky. I used to design equipment AT's use, so she reminds of many women I met on base. Just like most engineers I work with seem to have a screw or two loose. (if you don't, are you even an engineer?) She definitely seems t know what she's doing, and the videos are more raw with less polish, which is part of the charm. As for what she wears, that seems like a weird complaint, my wife dresses the same way whether she's doing yard work, or anything else. Besides, you guys want her wearing coveralls, does that somehow give her car cred?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there a worlds greatest mechanic? Sarah seems up there.
Not in this review vid, but working on her project cars.
She has me pretty amazed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
She's a US Air Force Veteran with an extensive background in Aerospace Mechanics. Definitely caught my interest now. Good for her going out on a limb with her You Tube channel.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It’s cool to to see an attractive girl driving an RS. I’ve never seen that on the road. I enjoy her videos & she seems very knowledgeable & does a good job. I’ll often times skip through the videos in general though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just like most you tubers her content and editing will get better if she grows substantially. For now there sub par. Wish her the best 👍🏼

·
Registered
517 Posts
Love her channel. Very authentic and she gives it a solid crack.

Smoking hot too which will certainly help make any wiring eps more bearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts