Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Definitely going to be loading up on tools as things come up on the car! I’ve always wanted to be able to start working on my own car when I was younger but just never had the tools nor the knowledge to know where to start. Fast forward to me as a 27 y/o and the internet, the information is limitless and I finally feel confident doing it on my own. This is my first manual car as well so I’m still learning new things everyday on the mechanical side.
Figured I'd share this with you (and anybody else interested). https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-218-piece-Mechanic-s-Tool-Set/1003085172?cm_mmc=aff-_-c-_-prd-_-mdv-_-gdy-_-all-_-1225267-_-1122587-_-10934003&AID=10934003&PID=1225267&SID=100803371131090602:vUZ5USzuA65M&cjevent=4434ae93ecc011ea83da00ea0a1c0e0e
A decent deal on a mechanics tool set. Unfortunately, with a lot of these tool sets they include the little bits towards the piece count. But still a good starter set of sockets, ratchets, small extensions, etc.

Reactions: Barksie

·
Registered
77 Posts
Figured I'd share this with you (and anybody else interested). https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-218-piece-Mechanic-s-Tool-Set/1003085172?cm_mmc=aff-_-c-_-prd-_-mdv-_-gdy-_-all-_-1225267-_-1122587-_-10934003&AID=10934003&PID=1225267&SID=100803371131090602:vUZ5USzuA65M&cjevent=4434ae93ecc011ea83da00ea0a1c0e0e
A decent deal on a mechanics tool set. Unfortunately, with a lot of these tool sets they include the little bits towards the piece count. But still a good starter set of sockets, ratchets, small extensions, etc.
I might actually grab that since it comes with the metal tool box. Definitely a lot better than the set I currently have. Doesn’t hurt having two of everything

·
Registered
651 Posts
I might actually grab that since it comes with the metal tool box. Definitely a lot better than the set I currently have. Doesn’t hurt having two of everything
Yup. Redundancy is a must if you are able. Learned that the hard way when I broke my 3/8" ratchet mid-job.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first time I ordered my NB Styling hood struts my package made it into the U.S. but for some unknown reason it was sent back to the U.K.
So after paying another $27 to have them ship it again I finally got it today..

I was praying that nothing was missing and luckily nothing was. Online ordering has not been the smoothest for me this year, probably thanks to Covid.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The first time I ordered my NB Styling hood struts my package made it into the U.S. but for some unknown reason it was sent back to the U.K.
So after paying another $27 to have them ship it again I finally got it today..

View attachment 344592

View attachment 344593

I was praying that nothing was missing and luckily nothing was. Online ordering has not been the smoothest for me this year, probably thanks to Covid.
Where you smuggling gnomes, customs does not like illegal gnomes trying to cross the Pond...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Definitely going to be loading up on tools as things come up on the car! I’ve always wanted to be able to start working on my own car when I was younger but just never had the tools nor the knowledge to know where to start. Fast forward to me as a 27 y/o and the internet, the information is limitless and I finally feel confident doing it on my own. This is my first manual car as well so I’m still learning new things everyday on the mechanical side.
These are invaluable when working on the/any car:

or

Just don't use a cheater bar or hammer on them

·
Registered
651 Posts
+1 on the ratcheting wrenches. Cuts down so much time when working in tight spaces, and just in general. Keep an eye on Advance Auto Parts. They routinely put a lot of Gearwrench sets on sale as of late. They are phasing it out in their stores and replacing them with the TEQ brand, which is the exact same thing. A couple stores told me Gearwrench is going the way of tool trucks like Snap-On, Mac, etc. I got some great sets a couple months ago of ratcheting stubbies, flex heads, offset, etc. at crazy good prices. Helped a ton when doing my suspension.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Safety upgrade for the upcoming trackday. With all the fires popping up here in CA, the last thing I want is starting one at the track after going off into the dry grass.
Confident are we? :)

Ciao

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Confident are we? :)

Ciao
Let's just say there is a hill on the track next to one of the turns called "Focus hill" because of a certain... incident . Took it way too fast and lost it and ended up going off a good 20ft up the hill. I'm still finding dust in my interior to this day.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Late post, met-up with @rsyes last Saturday. He was more than gracious for me to inherit the following:

I wish you all the luck sir. Thank you once again.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts

Just received this today..who wants to the cup holder

Reactions: nicklulu
1741 - 1760 of 1767 Posts