Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1767 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
They told me 6 weeks after they initially said 2-4...Ordered through stratified. If it's anything past 6 weeks I'll be cancelling my order and trying to find a supplier with one in stock. What's going on over at ETS? Shouldn't take this long.

They probably use the same channels as Mountune.

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
They told me 6 weeks after they initially said 2-4...Ordered through stratified. If it's anything past 6 weeks I'll be cancelling my order and trying to find a supplier with one in stock. What's going on over at ETS? Shouldn't take this long.
They said covid... I ordered late March and got it July... lol and in the process I ordered their intake on the same order, and they sent me 2 of the same tubes... waited another 3 weeks to get the right one...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Fun project for the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Car loop???? Inform please? Could be dumb question...

Reactions: MbbRS

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,728

My kettlebells arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tongue Twinster

·
Registered
651 Posts
Told myself if I buy this car then I’m going to start doing my own routine maintenance for the first time ever on a car that I own. First, just need some tools:

View attachment 344303
That's the way to do it! As jobs come up, you will build your tool collection slowly but surely. That's how I've amassed a good amount of different size sockets, wrenches, power tools, etc. Always keep an eye out for good deals on mechanics tool sets with a lot of different size sockets. I'm always looking out for deals on metric tools on Slickdeals.

Reactions: Barksie

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's the way to do it! As jobs come up, you will build your tool collection slowly but surely. That's how I've amassed a good amount of different size sockets, wrenches, power tools, etc. Always keep an eye out for good deals on mechanics tool sets with a lot of different size sockets. I'm always looking out for deals on metric tools on Slickdeals.
Definitely going to be loading up on tools as things come up on the car! I’ve always wanted to be able to start working on my own car when I was younger but just never had the tools nor the knowledge to know where to start. Fast forward to me as a 27 y/o and the internet, the information is limitless and I finally feel confident doing it on my own. This is my first manual car as well so I’m still learning new things everyday on the mechanical side.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good for you mate.
Way too many guys in the car scene these days that are too soft to have a go themselves OR get their precious little hands dirty!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Definitely going to be loading up on tools as things come up on the car! I’ve always wanted to be able to start working on my own car when I was younger but just never had the tools nor the knowledge to know where to start. Fast forward to me as a 27 y/o and the internet, the information is limitless and I finally feel confident doing it on my own. This is my first manual car as well so I’m still learning new things everyday on the mechanical side.
I was the same way when I was younger. Having friends all in the "fast & furious" scene in high school. Only I started doing my own work when I was around 32 y/o (I'm closing in on 37 in Nov). So you're getting a good head start on me. I don't even pretend to be somebody that knows everything about cars, but like you said, we're lucky to live in the day and age of the interwebs (well... mostly lucky) where you can find videos, tutorials, manuals, etc. I've done stuff on my RS I never imagined I'd be able to do myself like taking off the bumper and dropping the radiator to install my intercooler, removing interior panels to install UK parts, installing my new exhaust, and (my latest project) installing coilovers (and other suspension bits) all around. I always get nervous thinking about doing these jobs, but once you get going, it's not too bad. Just make sure you do your research before starting to get the particulars like torque specs, proper sequences and whatnot. The bigger/harder the job, the more satisfaction you will have afterwards knowing you accomplished it by yourself. It's not necessarily about the destination, but about how you got there. I feel like I've heard @GmpaJimj say that before... Haha! Enjoy the journey!

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Hey, my ears were ringing!
Develop eyes in your fingers. It’s a good day, when you can see what your working on.
When the nut, you can’t see, is almost off, always keep finger pressure on it, or it will be gone forever. (same for tools)
Organize nuts, bolts etc. you remove. I sometimes reinstall them so I’m sure what goes where.
Take pictures for reference
Dissembling something unrelated to gain access sucks, but...
If it’s not working, and theres no figuring it out, take it apart, clean it, reassemble, it will probably work.
A lot of challenge will be from “bolt on parts” that are, just t h i s close.
Buy cheap, buy twice.
If your girlfriend comes out, and asks, “How’s it going? (because she really wants you to notice, she cut her bangs) don’t vent!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Hey, my ears were ringing!
Develop eyes in your fingers. It’s a good day, when you can see what your working on.
When the nut, you can’t see, is almost off, always keep finger pressure on it, or it will be gone forever. (same for tools)
Organize nuts, bolts etc. you remove. I sometimes reinstall them so I’m sure what goes where.
Take pictures for reference
Dissembling something unrelated to gain access sucks, but...
If it’s not working, and theres no figuring it out, take it apart, clean it, reassemble, it will probably work.
A lot of challenge will be from “bolt on parts” that are, just t h i s close.
Buy cheap, buy twice.
If your girlfriend comes out, and asks, “How’s it going? (because she really wants you to notice, she cut her bangs) don’t vent!
I agree and if you are taking something off and there is some resistant check twice for any hidden bolt, screws, etc. or else you might break something. Made this mistake one too many times.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I agree and if you are taking something off and there is some resistant check twice for any hidden bolt, screws, etc. or else you might break something. Made this mistake one too many times.
Good point. That’s usually the one you have to cut your wrench in half to get at. Thus begins your “special” tool box.

1721 - 1740 of 1767 Posts