Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Got some squiggly lines in the mail today
Nice! I’ve got plenty of squiggles on my car from the same seller. For simplicity I just do the longest version of every track where I’ve driven an RS, starting with AA in Utah.

I’ve already gotten all 3 of those in preparation for a pilgrimage to NorCal, hopefully next summer.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Nice! I’ve got plenty of squiggles on my car from the same seller. For simplicity I just do the longest version of every track where I’ve driven an RS, starting with AA in Utah.

I’ve already gotten all 3 of those in preparation for a pilgrimage to NorCal, hopefully next summer.
Nice! I had completely forgotten about Miller, although technically we've only done the East course haha.

I have a self imposed rule that I only count tracks that I feel I've mastered, or at least feel confident in, so I'm missing a lot of the SoCal tracks, ORP in OR and now the aforementioned Miller in UT. I do have a dirtfish sticker on there as well, but that's because I felt like I've improved as a driver after doing both 3-day courses (AWD and RWD) with them. Nurburgring is definitely in the bucket list as well, so once I do get to drive it, it's shamelessly going on there too lol

·
Registered
2016 RS
160 Posts
Finally came today, my missing intake pipe, and hard pipes for the intercooler!
Quality pipes! They look good!

intake will go in now, I’m going to wait to tackle this intercooler...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone else having major delays with USPS? I ordered something on the 19th that was suppose to be 3 day priority.. and it's still not here :mad:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Anyone else having major delays with USPS? I ordered something on the 19th that was suppose to be 3 day priority.. and it's still not here :mad:
My order from Yourlittle CNC which shipped USPS priority Monday from CO to CA, which usually takes around 3 days, is only just now getting here (fingers crossed) today. I've pretty much just assume doubling typical shipping time these days...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Finally got my little cnc center console tray! Also, time to fix the leaky valve cover gasket thats been leaking oil all over my plugs. While I'm at it, gonna replace the cracked cover that the Ford tech damaged during my head gasket recall a couple of years back. Now, should I paint it or nah?

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Finally got my little cnc center console tray! Also, time to fix the leaky valve cover gasket thats been leaking oil all over my plugs. While I'm at it, gonna replace the cracked cover that the Ford tech damaged during my head gasket recall a couple of years back. Now, should I paint it or nah?
If you can get a durable paint on it sure. But just be careful not to scratch it.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
@BigFatFlip can you wrinkle coat a plastic valve cover?

also, just for future reference the “dupli-colour” high heat engine enamel spray paint has a baby blue that is an extremely close match for the RS accent blue. Would be perfect for small bits around the car

Edit: I used that colour to spray my ST calipers

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
If you can get a durable paint on it sure. But just be careful not to scratch it.
@BigFatFlip can you wrinkle coat a plastic valve cover?
You can, but it doesn't work as well as on metal for some reason.
Thanks for the recommendations. I was actually thinking of doing the NB/baby blue wrinkle paint as a few of you suggested. My only hesitation is that I've only done this one metal covers (back in my honda days) and the few plastic engine parts that I have painted did not turn out well, with the paint starting to eat up the plastic.

@320icar thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into the dupli color catalog. Do they have plastic specific versions or primers?

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Someone did a wrinkle red.... Who was that again.. 🤔

Came out great! Have not seen it in blue.... That'll be really cool...👍

·
Registered
2016 RS
160 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu
1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts