Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1801 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Got my replacement struts from Rock Auto and lower rate springs and new top hat screws from Ground Control yesterday!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not really in the mail, but made the drive down to GiroDisc to pick up their front and rear rotors. Gave me 30% off as i had brought my car in for the original test fitting a couple years back

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Got some euro rear headrests off a wrecked RS from UK. Guy had the whole rear bench listed for 99£, made an offer for headrests only for 50£ which he accepted. Was excited to get them cheap, but then came the 53£ for shipping and 31$cad customs at delivery! Still much cheaper than new ones and they are mint, still seem to have some new car smell left in them!

Lookout for MK2 euro headrest in black leather in the classifieds soon which were the ones I had before.

Stupid I know didnt even need the RS specific ones but gor excited and I guess I was bored and made this desire up to have them (MK2 ones dont have matching blue stitching otherwise they were perfectly fine), I probably wont notice a difference at all I never really look close enough at those to notice the difference!

Before/after pictures included!
Pictures of MK2 are the ones with my name and date in them (in prevision for classified posting).

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Got some euro rear headrests off a wrecked RS from UK. Guy had the whole rear bench listed for 99£, made an offer for headrests only for 50£ which he accepted. Was excited to get them cheap, but then came the 53£ for shipping and 31$cad customs at delivery! Still much cheaper than new ones and they are mint, still seem to have some new car smell left in them!

Lookout for MK2 euro headrest in black leather in the classifieds soon which were the ones I had before.

Stupid I know didnt even need the RS specific ones but gor excited and I guess I was bored and made this desire up to have them (MK2 ones dont have matching blue stitching otherwise they were perfectly fine), I probably wont notice a difference at all I never really look close enough at those to notice the difference!

Before/after pictures included!
Pictures of MK2 are the ones with my name and date in them (in prevision for classified posting).
Malade Pat! I’d love a set as well, or even some front seats. Still haven’t made a connector for my rear fog either. Was thinking of using this for wiring:
TOMALL H11 H8 Socket for... TOMALL H11 H8 Socket for Headlights Fog Lights Replacement Male Female Wiring Harness Connector (H11-Socket Set), Lighting & Electrical - Amazon Canada

And using this to plug them to the fuse for front fogs: Qiorange 12v Car Add-a-circuit... Qiorange 12v Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade Fuse Holder Pack of 5, Fuses - Amazon Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Malade Pat! I’d love a set as well, or even some front seats. Still haven’t made a connector for my rear fog either. Was thinking of using this for wiring:
TOMALL H11 H8 Socket for... TOMALL H11 H8 Socket for Headlights Fog Lights Replacement Male Female Wiring Harness Connector (H11-Socket Set), Lighting & Electrical - Amazon Canada

And using this to plug them to the fuse for front fogs: Qiorange 12v Car Add-a-circuit... Qiorange 12v Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade Fuse Holder Pack of 5, Fuses - Amazon Canada

@Overspooled if you really
want the shell seats there are two sets on ebay uk right now if you can convince them to ship, both are also accepting offers at the moment and include the rear bench and euro headrests (second link does not show them but mentions it in the text, unclear about headrests though). I was watching them when I had issues wearing a helmet for ice racing again, but convinced myself I can live with a sore neck twice a year and saved the money!

If you want just the headrests and dont care about the blue stitching for now, you’re welcome to come pickup the MK2 headrests I have extra for 100$cad (will be posting them otherwise soon). Only thing about them is they came from a smoker car, I cleaned them and tied them in a sealed bag with febreeze and an air sponge which killed all the smell but sometimes when it’s warm outside and dont use the car for a while I can barely tell about it. If you smoke you clearly wouldnt ever notice!

edit: those connectors you linked will work as far as I know, wiring to the front fogs using the add-a-fuse will be easy! Check out my post about how I wired mine to route the wires to the back and through the taillight feedthru if you want to do it that way!

·
Super Moderator
16,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,515
Received a bogus mailing from a company called Endurance saying that the Extended Vehicle Service Plan (EVSP) for my 2016 Ford Focus service contract pricing would not be honored after the 16th of April. So tired of all of these BS mailings along with random phone calls trying to sell me what I already have.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Received a bogus mailing from a company called Endurance saying that the Extended Vehicle Service Plan (EVSP) for my 2016 Ford Focus service contract pricing would not be honored after the 16th of April. So tired of all of these BS mailings along with random phone calls trying to sell me what I already have.
We still get them for a Chevy tk. my 97 yr. old father had when he was still plowing snow!!

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
Now just the lowering springs and I’ll be able to do something!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,519

Had to get me some Ceramic Spray Coating.

Reactions: KrismanX and klex
1501 - 1520 of 1801 Posts