Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What did you do to your FoRS today?

1565398 Views 5144 Replies 597 Participants Last post by  big jim
I've been anxiously waiting for more FoRS's to make in on the road before starting this thread. It's time to show us what you're done: ie.. added, modified, got your hands dirty or want to show off some new wheels or fixed something minor, hopefully nothing too catastrophic. Photos are a BIG plus! So here's the first mention of what have I done to my FoRS today.

This weekend I ordered an oil analysis for Dewey from Blackstone Labs:

Blackstone's standard analysis will tell you what you need to know about the condition of your engine and how it's wearing. The standard analysis costs $28.00 and includes the following:

Spectral Exam: Establishes the levels of wear metals, silicon, and additives present in the oil. Also checks for coolant.

Viscosity: Determines the grade of oil.

Insolubles: Quantifies the percentage of solids present in the oil.

Flashpoint: The flashpoint is the temperature at which the vapors from the oil ignite. When the flash is lower than it should be, it shows a contaminant (usually fuel) is present.

Standard Analysis

I'll be saving a sample for the kit when I do a 500 mile oil change. I only need to collect at least 2.5 oz to do all of the Blackstone tests and then mail back the kit for analysis.
Reactions: 4
5121 - 5140 of 5145 Posts
Track prep done

Summer bumper, brake ducting, track pads, all fluids changed, ignition coil and spark plug change, new cup 2s.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
See less See more
Reactions: 2
AR-1's are strictly track tires. What kind of racing do you do: hill climb, circuit, drags?
No they are fully legal on street.
Track prep done

Summer bumper, brake ducting, track pads, all fluids changed, ignition coil and spark plug change, new cup 2s. View attachment 366504 View attachment 366505

May I ask, what is your approach trackimg your beatiful RS in terms of risk of crashing? Do you buy a track day insurance? I am very interedted in doing track days but it feels very risky.
i like this pic...stages of life motorsports
Reactions: 1
Track prep done

Summer bumper, brake ducting, track pads, all fluids changed, ignition coil and spark plug change, new cup 2s. View attachment 366504 View attachment 366505

let me know how you like the cup 2's. compared to the ps4s
May I ask, what is your approach trackimg your beatiful RS in terms of risk of crashing? Do you buy a track day insurance? I am very interedted in doing track days but it feels very risky.
I haven't looked into insurance. With the lack of available parts for our cars we'd never get parts anyway!

I've only used cup 2s for the past 3 summers and have only tracked on them so I really cannot compare.

Looks hella nice. Love the wing extension.
Thanks brother. It's a Spoiler King from Ebay if you want. Just a big chunk of rubber but looks good and will outlast the car
On the road (can't compare on the track) my stock RS will lift the inside rear wheel off the road in corners when on Cup 2's; it will not do that on PS4S i.e. it slides instead. There ya go. Oh, and the Cup 2's removed most of the paint on the underside of the side skirts.
On the road (can't compare on the track) my stock RS will lift the inside rear wheel off the road in corners when on Cup 2's; it will not do that on PS4S i.e. it slides instead. There ya go. Oh, and the Cup 2's removed most of the paint on the underside of the side skirts.
thanks...and how's the wet traction difference?
Cup 2s don‘t do your paint any favors for sure!
Put full ins. coverage back on yesterday. Coming off jacks today. Spring wash. Exciting!
I saw a NB just S. of Buff. on the 219 S.several weeks ago. Heart rate up, hands shaking. I‘ve only seen about 5 others in my life. Guess I’m a Fan boi.
Cup 2s don‘t do your paint any favors for sure!
Put full ins. coverage back on yesterday. Coming off jacks today. Spring wash. Exciting!
I saw a NB just S. of Buff. on the 219 S.several weeks ago. Heart rate up, hands shaking. I‘ve only seen about 5 others in my life. Guess I’m a Fan boi.
Nitrous blue > all
See less See more
Reactions: 4

Just curious on the gloss difference in the middle of the hood.
Topped off the coolant by 3/4 of a solo cup. Last time I did that was 11/21 around 18,800 miles.

No obvious contaminants.
NB…NB…that reminds me of something, what was that?
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Black cars only, that's my family's policy. Except my wife who breaks the rules and goes white.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Black cars only, that's my family's policy. Except my wife who breaks the rules and goes white.

I had black, red, grey.... Never had NB before.

But i understand, black cars matter.

😁
  • Haha
I messed up the black car family by getting my nb RS lol.
  • Haha
Except my wife who breaks the rules and goes white.

I messed up the black car family by getting my nb RS lol.

Reminded me the times I first brought home either a white or black "car" to meet up with my siblings and parents......
  • Haha
5121 - 5140 of 5145 Posts