Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4801 - 4820 of 4840 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SG RS2
316 Posts
Detailed the car and there happen to a car show across the street from where I live. Ventured over and it was a free registration or park and take a shuttle bus. So I registered and entered. Didnt realize it at first but towards the end of the show I noticed they stuck me in the imports..lol. I guess technically it is an import with a Ford Badge. I have the badges covered up so mayne that through them off??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
For the life of me i couldnt get the HydroGrahics process down on the test items, so Vents and Console will have to stay Metallic Graphite
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Trip computer

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
995 Posts
Also, finally install the Cobb CF snorkel. I was able to remove the stickers from the inside and I added some clear coat. Made the inside look a bit better. It’s a shame you really can’t see it. FYI, the Cobb template is made for the ST and didn’t work well on the RS.
Grey Silver Pattern Auto part Personal protective equipment

Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
463 Posts
Also, finally install the Cobb CF snorkel. I was able to remove the stickers from the inside and I added some clear coat. Made the inside look a bit better. It’s a shame you really can’t see it. FYI, the Cobb template is made for the ST and didn’t work well on the RS. View attachment 362731
View attachment 362730
View attachment 362732
That snorkel really does not look right IMO, i think they messed up the mold? Have you sent Cobb a picture? I have an ST and that would not look symmetrical on mine either.. For the money spent on it I would definitely at the very least inquire with Cobb.

Here is my Ford Racing snorkel for comparison:

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Grille Hood
Vehicle Hood Car Grille Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Material property Font Everyday carry Rectangle Eyewear
Automotive lighting Rectangle Gas Packing materials Magenta

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
995 Posts
That snorkel really does not look right IMO, i think they messed up the mold? Have you sent Cobb a picture? I have an ST and that would not look symmetrical on mine either.. For the money spent on it I would definitely at the very least inquire with Cobb.

Here is my Ford Racing snorkel for comparison:

View attachment 362737
View attachment 362738 View attachment 362739
View attachment 362740
View attachment 362741 View attachment 362742
The template I’m referencing is from the installation instructions. It’s a print out to guide cutting a hole in the upper air deflector.

The snorkel is as designed and matches the website. It’s not symmetrical. COBB Tuning - Ford Carbon Fiber Air Scoop Focus RS 2016-2018, Focus ST 2013-2018

If I changed anything about it I’d have it more closely match the right corner of the RS grill. But since they made this to fit the RS and the ST I’m sure compromises were made.

Reactions: 20focusstdriver17

·
Registered
463 Posts
The template I’m referencing is from the installation instructions. It’s a print out to guide cutting a hole in the upper air deflector.

The snorkel is as designed and matches the website. It’s not symmetrical. COBB Tuning - Ford Carbon Fiber Air Scoop Focus RS 2016-2018, Focus ST 2013-2018

If I changed anything about it I’d have it more closely match the right corner of the RS grill. But since they made this to fit the RS and the ST I’m sure compromises were made.
Yeah looking at your pic again I see the cutout now you are talking about, I know mine was a little off too and lets air flow around. Unfortunately I started cutting mine without the template like an idiot by just eyeballing it and then put the template on and made it worse lol. I dont think there is that much air loss around it, more of just an installation eyesore. I'm really curious about the turbulance at the grille opening and whether it creates a high pressure or low pressure area where the snorkel touches the grill, would love to see a air flow analysis.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah if they made it taller and wider to fill in the whole gap of the corner that would be great.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
There is the Tune + Wangdango and the Velosatech ones
I will be pulling my front bumper soon to replace the front grilles and you reminded me of their « Wangdango » but it’s no longer listed on their site, guess I just saved some $$ 😂…Edit it’s a Tune+ exclusive part as you said…back to potentially spending some more again!!

Velossa does have a lighted version now which I had never seen!! Not for me though but cool they have new products:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The RS just sits there so did some work on the daily STi. Engine/trans/diffs fluid change, added a front and rear skidplate/protection and got my roof rack in the mail for camping next week.

282k km (175mi) on the original driveline including engine/clutch. It’s amazing what keeping a car stock, doing regular maintenance and sticking to mostly highway can do lol. Big ups to the PO

still need to adjust my shifter and do a few other little things like wire up the light bar etc. eventually…

Wheel Tire Car Sky Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Car Tread

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
With school starting up again for the kids, I'm no longer able to fold the back seats down to take my bike with me to work for a lunch time ride. Decided to throw the cross bars back on and took the plunge on a fancy Yakima highroad bike rack.

Very nice rack. Fit nicely with the euro cross bars, saves me from having to take the front wheel off to mount and folds flat when not in use. I was also able to re-use the locks I already had from my other Yakima bike rack, so that was a nice plus.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
With school starting up again for the kids, I'm no longer able to fold the back seats down to take my bike with me to work for a lunch time ride. Decided to throw the cross bars back on and took the plunge on a fancy Yakima highroad bike rack.

Very nice rack. Fit nicely with the euro cross bars, saves me from having to take the front wheel off to mount and folds flat when not in use. I was also able to re-use the locks I already had from my other Yakima bike rack, so that was a nice plus.
those wheels look familiar
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like that WangDango dual inlet scoop, a little pricey but very cool! Anybody actually order one of those and have pics of it installed?

4801 - 4820 of 4840 Posts