Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4781 - 4800 of 4840 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Purchased new front/back rotors today (already have pads in hand).

OE at the front and Centric blanks at the back. Total 375$cad including shipping and taxes, not bad!

Wtf is going on with OE rears though!! Those were more expansive than the front rotors everywhere I looked and I was quoted 189$cad/ea at the dealer’s parts department (vs 136$/ea for the fronts at the dealership) 🤣

105k km + on the odometer…including three track events on pavement and few ice driving events (only changed rear pads once after first track event at 32k km), pretty pleased with how long the OE parts lasted for me!

Also installed the nutron OBD bypass cable in the trunk yesterday and replugged their OBD dongle. I had removed the dongle after it drained my battery when I left for a ski trip last winter. Supposed not to drain battery anymore! Got all the dongle functions and monitoring options back now (including drift stick) and stealthy installation leaving the front port empty 😁

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Wtf is going on with OE rears though!! Those were more expansive than the front rotors everywhere I looked and I was quoted 189$cad/ea at the dealer’s parts department (vs 136$/ea for the fronts at the dealership)
the rears have been more expensive then the fronts for a couple years now. I know...it doesnt make sense. more than twice the material on the fronts. guess it's a supply & demand thing 🤔

·
Registered
463 Posts
Reactions: Ircossie76

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Head Eyebrow Eyelash Cap Wig

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Going to try to get rid of the chrome and hydrographics the vents and part of the center console. I don't think the spray paint's going to work on that Chrome. It's not sanding off and I had to get rid of the chrome on the badges with bleach

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
AAAND the reason im getting rid of the chrome

Grille Sports gear Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
66 Posts
Going to try to get rid of the chrome and hydrographics the vents and part of the center console. I don't think the spray paint's going to work on that Chrome. It's not sanding off and I had to get rid of the chrome on the badges with bleach

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
These are on ebay in the uk sent from China, so probably on aliexpress
Font Line Wood Automotive exterior Eyewear

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Well, Wheels on, Rest of stuff wont be done till around Tuesday if i dont screw it up

( Wheel is from ZenCarbonFiber , took about 2-3 months

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

These are on ebay in the uk sent from China, so probably on aliexpress
i saw ones like them, because i am also doing the Media Console, figured i would do the vents also

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: big jim
4781 - 4800 of 4840 Posts