Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4621 - 4640 of 4650 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
After 5 months of sitting I finally got an afternoon to start working on the RS. Got it jacked up and got the rear subframe dropped.

need to order a slide hammer to remove the axles so I can pop out the diff and drop it off at the machine shop to extract the broken bolt. Had my friend at ford order me new ones, but once I take my own measurements I’ll fire off an email to ARP and see if they have something in stock that’s maybe appropriately stronger

Plant Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle

Automotive tire Wood Finger Tread Thumb

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
After 5 months of sitting I finally got an afternoon to start working on the RS. Got it jacked up and got the rear subframe dropped.

need to order a slide hammer to remove the axles so I can pop out the diff and drop it off at the machine shop to extract the broken bolt. Had my friend at ford order me new ones, but once I take my own measurements I’ll fire off an email to ARP and see if they have something in stock that’s maybe appropriately stronger

View attachment 360245
View attachment 360246
View attachment 360247
Let me know how it turns out for the ARP. 👍

·
Registered
946 Posts

View attachment 360245
View attachment 360246
View attachment 360247
Is this what you need?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
@OverkillYJ yes exactly. Princess auto has their kit on sale right now half off so I’ll grab one this weekend. If not I’ll let you know.

it’s one of those situations now where to get the axles you need to pull the hubs and stuff. Should I do wheel bearings? Should I get extended lugs? The brakes are off so I should get the rear caliper bushings, and then all the bushings are accessible I should do the poly upgrades.

buuuuuut NO. The cars been sitting for 5 months I just need to get it back together

·
Registered
946 Posts
@OverkillYJ yes exactly. Princess auto has their kit on sale right now half off so I’ll grab one this weekend. If not I’ll let you know.

it’s one of those situations now where to get the axles you need to pull the hubs and stuff. Should I do wheel bearings? Should I get extended lugs? The brakes are off so I should get the rear caliper bushings, and then all the bushings are accessible I should do the poly upgrades.

buuuuuut NO. The cars been sitting for 5 months I just need to get it back together
Same happened to me when i did the motor. Cams and WMI turned into BS delete, pisons, rods, TB, intake manifold, etc...

Let me know if you'd like to borrow it, i believe mine is the princess auto version as well.

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I’ll check for you when I get home. The amount of crust on this rear subframe is even worse than I could have ever thought. But that’s what you get for blasting the RS 4 seasons and parking outside in Canada

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Are you going to see if the machine shop can save the threads or are you going to drill it out and put a nut on the backside?
They should be able to save the threads. I’m trying to do more research on the kits that Steeda sells for the s550 mustang. Space is kind of tight though, a full thickness nut may not fit. But one grinded down to be a bit more low profile could fit

·
Registered
2016 RS2
432 Posts
Gave her a bath today…

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 RS2
432 Posts
What, no pictures or video of the actual wash?!
I thought of it half way through…🤔 at that point I was like , I just want this done… lol

but I did use chemical bros “honeydew foam”

·
Registered
2016 RS2
432 Posts
Meh, everything there is green... it probably just rained.
It actually hasn’t rained here for a few days..
she gonna look different with them black TR-10s
I know… I’m still waiting to buy tires/lugs ect… im glad they are still in the box Though . unlike my CF hood that just stares back at me waiting to get installed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally got around to installing my wireless charger and euro cup holders. They’ve been sitting since Christmas while I waited for warmer weather and today was the day! I probably should’ve taken a picture with the cover closed, though, since that’s one of the benefits of it being there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
It actually hasn’t rained here for a few days..

I know… I’m still waiting to buy tires/lugs ect… im glad they are still in the box Though . unlike my CF hood that just stares back at me waiting to get installed
Get it ceramic coated. 👍
Finally got around to installing my wireless charger and euro cup holders. They’ve been sitting since Christmas while I waited for warmer weather and today was the day! I probably should’ve taken a picture with the cover closed, though, since that’s one of the benefits of it being there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess you no longer need that phone holster by the E-brake then?

4621 - 4640 of 4650 Posts